Random Thoughts - Offseason 2024

dll2000

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

If you were still a mod in here they’d revoke your status for this…

Deep dish is basically its own food group. It’s made with the same stuff as other pizza, but the proportions are all different, even between different deep dishes (Giordano’s is almost all cheese, where Lou Malnati’s has very little cheese at all, etc.). Agree with those who say it’s an on occasion thing though. Tavern style is where it’s at for my go to regular pizza. Even now in my 40s I still make sure I get one of those tiny corners lol. 

I've called it 'pizza casserole' to piss off a few buddies that live near Chicago. Speaking of which, I feel like getting cussed out over Facebook messenger. Time to go pick a fight. lmao

Edit - Well, nevermind. He said he's not getting baited into that again. It was a good run at least.

Edited by Sugashane
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

Deep dish is basically its own food group. It’s made with the same stuff as other pizza, but the proportions are all different, even between different deep dishes (Giordano’s is almost all cheese, where Lou Malnati’s has very little cheese at all, etc.). Agree with those who say it’s an on occasion thing though. Tavern style is where it’s at for my go to regular pizza. Even now in my 40s I still make sure I get one of those tiny corners lol. 

Just too much sauce man hahahha

2 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

The corner pieces are so good.  I like Giordano's even though it is a chain.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

He had another tweet similar to this with a ✌️sign.  I think we all know what’s coming.

edit:

Been a fan of his, and hear a lot of really good stuff about him as a person, but it’s time.

Best of luck to him elsewhere.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Been a fan of his, and hear a lot of really good stuff about him as a person, but it’s time.

Best of luck to him elsewhere.

Absolutely.  Love the guy, but it’s business, nothing personal.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2024 at 7:46 AM, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

There were a couple points in 2023 where watching the consequences of the Bears being the Bears felt like watching Jim Marshall's wrong way TD.

"Damnit, you're supposed to develop and build up a young QBs confidence, but it's not supposed to be Jordan cocksucking Love!"

"Damnit, you're supposed to fire bad coaches, but it's not supposed to be Art Smith, Josh McDaniels, Frank Reich et al"

My favorite is Antonio Pierce being like "yeah we hired Getsy because chicago kicked our butts" ... yes sir, and that's what got your head coach fired

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

My favorite is Antonio Pierce being like "yeah we hired Getsy because chicago kicked our butts" ... yes sir, and that's what got your head coach fired

I must be related to him, because all my family gatherings consist of people making up their minds based on one single data point, being horribly wrong, and then getting fired from the Raiders. I made up the last one but the rest is true. 

On 2/8/2024 at 3:40 PM, Sugashane said:

I've called it 'pizza casserole' to piss off a few buddies that live near Chicago. Speaking of which, I feel like getting cussed out over Facebook messenger. Time to go pick a fight. lmao

Edit - Well, nevermind. He said he's not getting baited into that again. It was a good run at least.

I have resisted weighing in on this sensitive issue, as I value the camraderie we have around here and don't want to alienate anyone or have, like, Soulman show up at my house. 

But.  Chicago pizza is all pizza, it's the best place on earth for pizza, and you can have it a dozen different ways.  I love Malnati's for deep dish, they have great quality ingredients for toppings (not a sassage guy but their's is good) and you can get your saucy cheesy fix a billion ways. Their thin crust is actually great as well.  D'Agostinos is my pick for best thin crust.  I never head thin crust called tavern style except online. Genuinely had to look it up. There's good Detroit style pizza as well. But if you want to try something truly unique,  you have to try Chicago Pizza Oven grinders pizza pot pie. Wonderful place (we called it "Viking Pizza Hut" in high school because it looks like somone made it out of logs in 1400 on the inside) and cool vibe, but the pizza pot pie is it's own thing.  I can't describe it. You have to try it. And after decades of not, now they take reservations, which is awesome, as you can wait an hour easy on a weeknight. 

Also, I don't care if you put ketchup on your hot dogs, and I wish people (mostly from burbs or Michigan) that just moved to Chicago would quit it.  I don't do it, but my daughter loves it and I once had to stop a guy in his 40s from berating her when she was like 4 about it at Jrs.  How ******* weird to you have to be to let your orthodoxy that's literally based on a joke from the 80s let you scare a little kid? 

Other out of the box place for pizza that will blow your mind is Spacca Napoli. Really really amazing taste if you like Italian pizza. 

45 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

lso, I don't care if you put ketchup on your hot dogs, and I wish people (mostly from burbs or Michigan) that just moved to Chicago would quit it.  I don't do it, but my daughter loves it and I once had to stop a guy in his 40s from berating her when she was like 4 about it at Jrs.  How ******* weird to you have to be to let your orthodoxy that's literally based on a joke from the 80s let you scare a little kid?

Big ooph. I don't have the temperament for that. My kids all know when I say "ear muffs" the know to cover their ears tight, dad is about to hurt someone's feelings. Generally "**** your mother" is the start, they decide how far I'll escalate. Lol

• Like 1