Random Thoughts - Offseason 2024

dll2000

2 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I know the feeling. I too have a fetish for red flags apparently. Lol

Girls named Nicole have always caused me trouble lol. Multiple spellings. Some who shortened it. Didn’t matter - I’d meet one and immediately it was like “Aww **** here we go again…”

Mrs. AZ? Not a Nicole. 👍👍👍

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AZBearsFan said:

Girls named Nicole have always caused me trouble lol. Multiple spellings. Some who shortened it. Didn’t matter - I’d meet one and immediately it was like “Aww **** here we go again…”

I dated 3 Kelsey's in a row in high school. All were cute, all three had wildly different things they were passionate about (one is a vet, one is a beautician, one is the athletic director for a high school) but all were boring after like a week. Swore off all Kelsey's after the third strike.

My Mrs. Suga makes sure I know I'm in just enough danger to keep things interesting. 😅

• Like 1

On 2/16/2024 at 4:48 PM, HuskieBear said:

i disagree. ALL of my exes were crazy, i'm perfectly normal

I saw a video of a young women saying she constantly dates narcissists.  Where are all the nice guys?

In her screed she was complaining one of her boyfriends didn’t celebrate her birthday month adequately. 

In relationships people overlook bad qualities or poor character for physical attractiveness.  Especially when young.  

Until they get desperate and/or wiser.   Some people never learn.  

A drop dead gorgeous woman can get ugly real fast if you have deal with a lot of nonsense and drama 24/7.  

The 2 most physically beautiful girls I knew in HS are both single or unmarried anyway, sisters.   One just coming out of rehab.   Maybe two most beautiful girls I ever knew.  

19 It’s better to live alone in the desert
    than with a quarrelsome, complaining wife.  Proverbs 21:19

On 2/17/2024 at 2:47 AM, AZBearsFan said:

Interesting...in the UK the equivalent is a Chloe 😂

Anyone want to do a Google Meets and run a draft sim together?

If it works okay I may do it in GM drafts thread and let people choose for other teams.

I was thinking Sun 2-25 at 6 central. 

Wanted to do a trial run because I never used Google Meets before.   You get an hour free.  

I had a dream last night where I played for the Bears.  I scored 3 TDs, 1 in 3 straight home games.  The first 2 were TD receptions, while the last was a pick 6 against the Cardinals.  I also said that since I work my normal job I only play in home games. 

In bowling news: I'm in 2 leagues, although I'm a sub in one.  In that league, I have the highest average on my team

In my other league, there's only 6 teams, 24 people, but I have the highest average, highest game and series both scratch and handicap.   Very little competition, 4  other bowlers have an average over 150. 

With these reports of bears getting calls for fields during the senior bowl surfacing i wonder if that means there’s really not that much interest in fields.  Many have speculated that anything you hear about the bears/fields/first overall pick is being floated out there by the bears themselves.  

2 hours ago, CBears019 said:

With these reports of bears getting calls for fields during the senior bowl surfacing i wonder if that means there’s really not that much interest in fields.  Many have speculated that anything you hear about the bears/fields/first overall pick is being floated out there by the bears themselves.  

Between agents and GMs getting the top reporters to say whatever message they want out there in exchange for future tip offs, beat guys being somewhat all over the board and “content creators” straight making stuff up just to have material to put out there mixed in with anything out there that might be actual sourced reporting, I’m guessing basically nobody really has any idea what’s legit and what’s not. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Between agents and GMs getting the top reporters to say whatever message they want out there in exchange for future tip offs, beat guys being somewhat all over the board and “content creators” straight making stuff up just to have material to put out there mixed in with anything out there that might be actual sourced reporting, I’m guessing basically nobody really has any idea what’s legit and what’s not. 

A few more big stat games in 2023 by Fields would have helped.  Raiders probably would have been a player, but they hired Getsy.

I don't think Pitt coach likes Fields.

Wash and Pats unfortunately are drafting 2 and 3 and in striking range of top 3 QBs.   

That potentially takes out 5 of most likely interested teams right off bat.

I guess we will see.  Has to be someone.  

15 hours ago, CBears019 said:

I would probably say the opposite to be fair…the national guys said the Steelers were linked…than the Falcons…and now the Raiders…doesn’t seem like there’s smoke without fire here.