Random Thoughts - Offseason 2024

dll2000

2 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I’m sure he knows. He made mention that a big appeal of the Bears job was them having picks 1 and 9. Even if he took the job not knowing who his QB would be (highly unlikely), why would they put him further behind the 8-ball in terms of designing the offense to his QB’s strengths by continuing to not tell him weeks later? That’d just be dumb. 

Yeah 100%…I think he is designing a scheme for Caleb as we speak.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Yeah 100%…I think he is designing a scheme for Caleb as we speak.

Probably so. But man, the sideshow that would come with a perceived heel turn and them trading the pick and moving forward with Fields strictly from the standpoint of watching people lose their **** would be such a spectacle…

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Probably so. But man, the sideshow that would come with a perceived heel turn and them trading the pick and moving forward with Fields strictly from the standpoint of watching people lose their **** would be such a spectacle…

The only thing that would make it less fun is agreeing with all the Packers fans that the Bears just found a way to **** their entire draft up. Other than that I'd be stuck in NFL Gen laughing my butt off. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Imagine the meltdown if the Bears stay at #1 and draft someone like JJ McCarthy. 😭

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I know we have burned in past.  But it is okay to get excited about Caleb.  I give you permission. What’s point of being a fan otherwise?

He is good. Look at clips within this article.    

https://sports.yahoo.com/heres-what-makes-caleb-williams-a-special-nfl-draft-prospect-and-why-he-compares-to-a-legendary-qb-045029042.html

Those looking for reasons not to like Williams (and really, even if you’re a Fields fan, why??) will find skepticism in the paragraph talking about passing up open throws because of lack of trust in the structure or execution of the offense. There’s a ton to like with Williams though, and (again this will sound familiar) if we can prioritize making him comfortable within the pocket behind a capable OL he’s going to excel there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

Those looking for reasons not to like Williams (and really, even if you’re a Fields fan, why??) will find skepticism in the paragraph talking about passing up open throws because of lack of trust in the structure or execution of the offense. There’s a ton to like with Williams though, and (again this will sound familiar) if we can prioritize making him comfortable within the pocket behind a capable OL he’s going to excel there. 

Being able to extend plays and make a spectacular play is not a bad thing.  It is a very valuable thing.

You just don't want to consistently pass on the open play to extend it.  After awhile it kind of shows you may not know what you are doing.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CBears019 said:

I highly recommend all bears fans watch the most recent SNL episode with Shane Gillis, specifically the very last skit they did.  But keep your kids away.

I've made sure to send it to all my packer friends

• Like 1