Random Thoughts - Offseason 2024

dll2000

20 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

It's tough for us as fans to know what matters.  Easy to have said "stay away" from Araiza after the allegations came out, but apparently wrong.  With Carter it seemed like there was big possible for headache and distraction even if there weren't repercussions from the crash.  One of the interesting things I've learned abotu the draft process this year is there are full on PI firms researching and doing current observation on these prospects.  Makes sense if you think about the value of these contracts but still seems wild for a game. 

I have generally found that if everyone has a problem with you or a person has trouble getting along with multiple groups of people or can't hold down any kind of job over a long period of time - the problem is very rarely, if ever, everyone else.

But that person will explain that it is everyone else at great lengths to you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Loomis does love screwing with contracts. How many years does Taysom Hill have on his contract at this point? I think at one point he signed a contract with like four void years at the end. Loomis is just kicking the can down the road--whoever gets the job after him is going to have to endure 3-4 years of cellar play before they can start to emerge. Hopefully that person sells the owner on the five year plan the way Poles seems to have done here in Chicago.

At this point the only ways they can get cap compliant are to either continue kicking cans down the road, or, field a roster that’s almost entirely league minimum guys while finally burning their big contracts against the cap. I mean look at this:

IMG-4611.jpg

After they presumably cut 2 of these guys post-6/1 they basically can’t cut ANY of them without making their cap worse. If they cut every single guy there from whom they’d gain cap space that only reduces their number by $17.391M, leaving them still more than $30M over. They’d still need to replace those 7 players with at least 3 who would hit their top 51, so they really only gain about $15M from it. They can’t extend Olave yet, and they shouldn’t extend any of the others on player merit.

Seriously, you couldn’t **** this up this bad even in Madden. Its like they’re hoping the end of the current CBA brings another year without a cap where they can just wash their hands. 

Edited by AZBearsFan

1 hour ago, chisoxguy7 said:

8fzhrr.jpg

It's kinda true.

People have been saying this about New Orleans for many years.   Every year they start out over the cap and every year they end up cap compliant.  

And they still sign free agents and their draft class and do all the things other teams do.

3 hours ago, dll2000 said:

It's kinda true.

People have been saying this about New Orleans for many years.   Every year they start out over the cap and every year they end up cap compliant.  

And they still sign free agents and their draft class and do all the things other teams do.

What are they gonna do when these guys retire? Can’t kick it further down the road if they’re no longer in the league. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, dll2000 said:

It's kinda true.

Saints have been in cap trouble for several years. It's catching up to them this season. If they cut every player on their roster who gained them space, it still wouldn't be enough. So it's more restructuring into void years for them again. They have some bad contracts such as Taysom Hill, Andrus Peat, Alvin Kamara, etc. And some of their better players are getting old like Cam Jordan and DeMario Davis. 

They just have very limited options, especially with Philly owning their 2nd round pick. 

On 2/15/2024 at 12:34 PM, dll2000 said:

I have generally found that if everyone has a problem with you or a person has trouble getting along with multiple groups of people or can't hold down any kind of job over a long period of time - the problem is very rarely, if ever, everyone else.

But that person will explain that it is everyone else at great lengths to you.

i disagree. ALL of my exes were crazy, i'm perfectly normal

• Like 2

6 hours ago, dll2000 said:

There is a guy that posts a lot in General and News that says he is a Bears fan, but he never posts here.

I find that odd.  But to each their own. 

i noticed that guy a couple weeks ago. everything he was saying screamed facebook comment section. i'm glad he's not in here. we already get enough with Jibe

• Like 1