Kenneth Dixon suffers mensicus tear, out 4-5 months

drd23

Pretty disappointing. I liked Dixon as a rookie last season and he had some nice flashes. At least this is better for him going forward. Repaired is better than trimmed. 

I want to see Taliaferro at running back more than West or Woodhead (the latter is more a receiver than anything). Don't think it will happen but I'm more confident in Lorenzo making something out of nothing, even for short yardage, than Terrence. And it's not particularly close. 

Bah.  I have him in my Dynasty league and was hoping he'd step into a big role this year.  He was fun to watch last year.  

Guess it's on to the next guy, for both me and the Ravens.

What are the chances you guy think of him getting another shot at the starting job next year?  I have to think the Ravens are going to try and find someone else to compete at the very least.  Nothing against West or Taliaferro, but they don't seem like good long term options.

28 minutes ago, theJ said:

Bah.  I have him in my Dynasty league and was hoping he'd step into a big role this year.  He was fun to watch last year.  

Guess it's on to the next guy, for both me and the Ravens.

What are the chances you guy think of him getting another shot at the starting job next year?  I have to think the Ravens are going to try and find someone else to compete at the very least.  Nothing against West or Taliaferro, but they don't seem like good long term options.

I think the Ravens would have looked for a "workhorse" back next offseason (draft) anyways unless Dixon broke out in a big way. They were supposedly in on the top backs in the past two drafts and given what we know about their preferences it makes sense. I prefer going to RB stable route instead of relying on one player, but it is what it is.

So I wouldn't pencil Dixon in as the starter or lead back next year either. Woodhead's multi-year contract hurts Kenneth' value as a receiver out of the backfield too. I think you would be safe to drop him in your dynasty league... no promises of course. :D

If our offensive line actually looks good employing the power blocking scheme, the thought of Saquon Barkley running behind them gives me all the feels. Granted, I don't know if I want the Ravens to be in a position to be able to draft him next year (i.e. top 10), but man is he going to be good.

7 hours ago, Danand said:

I want oline to help improve the runninggame.

Agreed, you can find any RB to run through holes but without a good o-line there are no holes to run through.

Assuming Lewis+Stanley work out as long term starters and yanda plays 1-2 more years. We're going to need to find a C/G/RT next offseason and a starting RB barring the suprise breakout of Buck Allen. 

Some believe oline/rb is a chicken/egg discussion, but I firmly believe, that the oline is the key. They had two 4 ypa rushers in atlanta, which saw nearly an increase in 1 ypa when they inserted Mack in their lineup.

With Joe, an oline/runninggame is a must have while the receivers and skill positions are nice to have, but not essential. Bad oline and runninggame and it won't matter that Joe have never had better receivers to throw to (on paper)

There's no doubt in my mind that having a good OL is more important than having a good RB, but I don't get the impression that that is what the Ravens feel.

To me, the FO and (especially) the coaching staff still seem quite traditional in the way they have built the team and how they play, and relying on a single , higher drafted RB rather than a RBBC would fit with that philosophy

Archived