Travis Kelce / George Kittle

mdonnelly21

The difference between Travis Kelce being the considered the GOAT TE and Kittle being the GOAT.... is Patrick Mahomes and Any Reid. 

Is there really a huge difference between Kelce and Tony Gonzalez? Or Antonio Gates? 

Neither of these TEs played in as pass happy league as of today. Especially with whom many people consider the "Best" QB of all time. 

I really don't see a whole lot that separates Kelce and Kittle strictly on Eye test. 

56 minutes ago, mdonnelly21 said:

Don't think either is the Goat so I agree with you. 

Rob Gronkowski or Tony Gonzo is the Goat 

My order is Gonz, Gates, Gronk, Witten, Sharpe though guys like Ditka and Newsome are harder for me to rank 

1 hour ago, MaddHatter said:

My order is Gonz, Gates, Gronk, Witten, Sharpe though guys like Ditka and Newsome are harder for me to rank 

Witten belongs nowhere near those names. Stat compiler who was never dominant like them. To even have Witten above the likes of Travis Kelce is asinine.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Duluther said:

Witten belongs nowhere near those names. Stat compiler who was never dominant like them. To even have Witten above the likes of Travis Kelce is asinine.

Witten was one of the best all-around TEs in the NFL. He went one-on-one with JJ Watt blocking and held his own, and while he may not have been the most gifted athlete, he was great at finding holes and giving his QB a clean look. I’ve seen the pathetic attempt Kelce makes at blocking and he’s a liability at best

2 minutes ago, MaddHatter said:

Witten was one of the best all-around TEs in the NFL. He went one-on-one with JJ Watt blocking and held his own, and while he may not have been the most gifted athlete, he was great at finding holes and giving his QB a clean look. I’ve seen the pathetic attempt Kelce makes at blocking and he’s a liability at best

Your entire argument is about blocking. I want my tight end to block, too. But this is a silly argument when you weigh Witten's blocking (and game as a whole) versus Kelce's receiving. 

1 minute ago, Duluther said:

Your entire argument is about blocking. I want my tight end to block, too. But this is a silly argument when you weigh Witten's blocking (and game as a whole) versus Kelce's receiving. 

I mean you can put Kelce wherever you want, but I personally rank Witten above him at this point.  If Kelce goes on to play another 5-6 years and continues to dominate, I can see him passing him. Just like Mahomes could go down as a Top 2 GOAT but at this point I don’t have him up there

22 minutes ago, MaddHatter said:

I’ve seen the pathetic attempt Kelce makes at blocking and he’s a liability at best

Nah. He's not Gronk or Kittle, but this is a stretch.

15 minutes ago, MaddHatter said:

I mean you can put Kelce wherever you want, but I personally rank Witten above him at this point.  If Kelce goes on to play another 5-6 years and continues to dominate, I can see him passing him. Just like Mahomes could go down as a Top 2 GOAT but at this point I don’t have him up there

Forget Witten, I wanna hear the Sharpe argument lol.

• Like 2

Kelce has 7 all pros, which is really strong argument sometimes and apparently ignored another times.

Career wise, personally I think it's Gronk > Kelce > Tony G but I am comfortable saying Kittle had a better year than Kelce this year.

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

Kittle can't be great. Look at all the talent around him

(This is going to be an enjoyable bit for a time)

I thought my Hamlin joke with this was gonna win the day, but apparently people don't have the same stupid sense of humor I do.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Soggust said:

Kelce has 7 all pros, which is really strong argument sometimes and apparently ignored another times.

Career wise, personally I think it's Gronk > Kelce > Tony G but I am comfortable saying Kittle had a better year than Kelce this year.

I show Kelce to have 4, same as Sharpe