Travis Kelce / George Kittle

mdonnelly21

6 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

As a Chiefs fan, Kelce is better. It took me a while to get there though, this wasn’t an overnight decision one day. But Kelce is better, he just does more, has a better feel for the game and is also a better blocker. Plus postseason stats are undeniable 

Hho.gif

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

😂 while I'd be more in agreement with the statement you're responding to, this is a fantastic/simple counter.  Well done. 

Similar counter argument to Jason Witten consistently blocking JJ Watt

dallas-cowboys-tight-end-jason-witten-82

6 minutes ago, Soko said:

Similar counter argument to Jason Witten consistently blocking JJ Watt

I said Witten consistently blocked a teams best DE - I used Watt as an example.  He did, in fact, block Watt 1-on-1 on 12 snaps.  The HOF DE won 2 of the 12... congrats!  Doesn't make anything I said false or wrong.  Meanwhile Kelce is out there standing straight up watching like a fan while his team runs the ball.  At least the 49ers wide receivers tried to make a block and keep their CB from running down the RB from behind... lol

27 minutes ago, MaddHatter said:

I said Witten consistently blocked a teams best DE - I used Watt as an example.  He did, in fact, block Watt 1-on-1 on 12 snaps.  The HOF DE won 2 of the 12... congrats!  Doesn't make anything I said false or wrong.  Meanwhile Kelce is out there standing straight up watching like a fan while his team runs the ball.  At least the 49ers wide receivers tried to make a block and keep their CB from running down the RB from behind... lol

Cool, man. It was a joke, though. Sensitivity down below 10, maybe?

Was your photo not also a joke? I thought it was, because we know Witten’s YAC was terrible.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Soko said:

Cool, man. It was a joke, though. Sensitivity down below 10, maybe?

Was your photo not also a joke? I thought it was, because we know Witten’s YAC was terrible.

Not sensitive, just pointing out the flaw in the argument that it appeared was being made by you and Jaku over the weekend.  As for Witten's YAC, he certainly wasn't known for breaking tackles or being athletic enough to run away from defenders.

1 minute ago, MaddHatter said:

Not sensitive, just pointing out the flaw in the argument that it appeared was being made by you and Jaku over the weekend.  As for Witten's YAC, he certainly wasn't known for breaking tackles or being athletic enough to run away from defenders.

Interesting you’d say he misrepresented your point, when you’ve done the same. I didn’t really get into the poor argument of “well, he blocked JJ Watt a handful of times running the ball the other way”. My argument was that Witten being a better blocker is hardly as valuable as Kelce massacring him as a receiver. 

It’s not infrequent at all for tight ends to occasionally be tasked with blocking DEs, even elite ones. I forget which game it was, but I remember Bosa getting pancaked by a TE a couple times this season. It’s not all that uncommon.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Soko said:

Interesting you’d say he misrepresented your point, when you’ve done the same. I didn’t really get into the poor argument of “well, he blocked JJ Watt a handful of times running the ball the other way”. My argument was that Witten being a better blocker is hardly as valuable as Kelce massacring him as a receiver. 

It’s not infrequent at all for tight ends to occasionally be tasked with blocking DEs, even elite ones. I forget which game it was, but I remember Bosa getting pancaked by a TE a couple times this season. It’s not all that uncommon.

To each their own, but when I was watching the Super Bowl and Kelce would just stand up at the snap and watch the play like a fan while the WR's were actually blocking / faking a route to engage their defender, I couldn't help but roll my eyes.  Like he didn't even try and throw a chip or get down into the secondary to get in the way of a DB in case Pacheco broke through... like I said, to each their own.  

59 minutes ago, MaddHatter said:

*At least 2, as those are the only 2 plays we have seen. Very well could've been 12.

Edited by Mox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MaddHatter said:

I only found photos/gifs of two of the plays where they matched up. That does not mean Witten won the other 10, unless you have more evidence than I was able find on Google. I have no record of the other 10 plays.

Came into this thread ready to discuss Kelce and Kittle not being all that close, but instead was slapped in the face with pages of absurd Jason Witten folklore.

I understand it's cool to crap on Kelce these days with how annoying he has been with this whole Swift situation, but come on. Kittle and Witten as good (or better) than Kelce is insanity. 

• Like 5