Travis Kelce / George Kittle

mdonnelly21

13 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Came into this thread ready to discuss Kelce and Kittle not being all that close, but instead was slapped in the face with pages of absurd Jason Witten folklore.

I understand it's cool to crap on Kelce these days with how annoying he has been with this whole Swift situation, but come on. Kittle and Witten as good (or better) than Kelce is insanity. 

Jimmy Graham if he never left NO would have been in the conversation. Guy went and died in Seattle. One of the most bizarre trades I’ve ever seen in my life. Hurt both teams but made Seattle a lot worse. It’s like Jimmy lost all his athleticism and only gained injuries. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tyler735 said:

Came into this thread ready to discuss Kelce and Kittle not being all that close, but instead was slapped in the face with pages of absurd Jason Witten folklore.

I understand it's cool to crap on Kelce these days with how annoying he has been with this whole Swift situation, but come on. Kittle and Witten as good (or better) than Kelce is insanity. 

It's really a shame how much Kittle is asked to block so he can't really showcase his talent as a true receiving/YAC TE any longer. Shanahan does nothing to get him the ball while Andy Reid does everything possible to get Kelce the ball (as he should).

5 minutes ago, Football_Bachelor08 said:

Not sure what you think you're proving here. Even Shaquille O'Neal sometimes made free throws. Even JaMarcus Russell sometimes threw for touchdowns. Doesn't mean they were good at it consistently.

To claim Witten never TRIED to get YAC is asinine.  To claim he lacked the athleticism or agility/speed of Kelce to be as successful is more accurate.  I believe he averaged 4YAC/REC where as Kelce averaged 5YAC/REC this year.  I would never claim Witten was a better athlete than Kelce, but don’t question his heart or drive, dude never went down without a fight 

On 2/9/2024 at 6:14 PM, Forge said:

Kittle can't be great. Look at all the talent around him

(This is going to be an enjoyable bit for a time)

Oh, I've come around on this 180 degrees btw.

Purdy lost, so he sucks obviously.

Which means clearly Kittle > Kelce because Kelce has Mahomes and is the only option in town while Kittle is screwed by having all-pros on his team leaching the ball from his high school talent level QB.

Add in his better blocking and it's a landslide.

#supportmatters

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2024 at 6:37 AM, MSURacerDT55 said:

I haven't checked the stats but I don't think Kittle has nearly the amount of targets Kelce has, but also I don't think Kittle gets nearly the amount of credit for the impact he has on the run game either.

This. Travis Kelce mentioned on his new heights podcast that George doesn’t get nearly the same amount of ops as he does in Shanahan’s offense, which George has no control of.

It doesn't really matter, but claiming Kittle “isn’t in the same stratosphere” as these other TEs is nonsense imo.

Like @Forge already mentioned, George starting at 24 and not being in a pass heavy offense/the focal point of the offense will prevent him from putting together career numbers like some of these other guys; but you can not convince me that prime Kittle vs any of these other guys in their prime in a similar situation wouldn’t at the very least be close.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2024 at 12:56 PM, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

1. Gronk

2. Kelce

3. Gonzo

4. Gates

Kittle and Witten are legitimately not in the same stratosphere as these 4. There is just no discussion to be had.

Same four, just slightly different order. 

1. Gronk

2. Gonzo

3. Kelce

4. Gates

Edited by game3525
  • Like 1