Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 27 - All-Star Bowl XXIV Posted)

Just now, LAOJoe said:

I had to get my punter before I figured you'd start a run on them. I just didn't expect you to join that run again. Only one punter I had my eyes. I just wanted to bring my man back. One of 7 players I've had since my first season and only one to be an all-star in both of them.

I always love the loyalty. His 2023 was a slight decline, but, hey, maybe RNGesus will look upon him favorably.

8 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I always love the loyalty. His 2023 was a slight decline, but, hey, maybe RNGesus will look upon him favorably.

Actually a slight improvement.

1 more yard per punt, almost 2 more net yards per punt. Had to do a lot more total too. A bunch more inside the 20 and over 1000 more yards. The sim already liked him pretty good so I feel he should only get a bit better.

Edited by LAOJoe

1 minute ago, LAOJoe said:

Actually a slight improvement.

1 more yard per punt, almost 2 more net yards per punt. Had to do a lot more total too. A bunch more inside the 20 and over 1000 more yards. The sim already like him pretty good so I feel he should only get a bit better.

In an unclear way, I was referring to his 2023 NFL season compared to his S26.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

which team do you have ranked?

is it the guy with 4 punters at #1?

Somehow we always get someone either hoarding punters or kickers and to me they’re the most RNG position out there. 

Just now, Scalamania said:

Somehow we always get someone either hoarding punters or kickers and to me they’re the most RNG position out there. 

If Corey gets all-star again I'm gonna have to spend a tag on him lol.

4 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Makes sense. The best kicker doesn't find himself at the top of the sim every single season. (Narrator: he certainly does.)

How that isn't a clear indicator to some of you vets that this stuff actually matters is beyond me.

Edited by TL-TwoWinsAway

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Makes sense. The best kicker doesn't find himself at the top of the sim every single season. (Narrator: he certainly does.)

How that isn't a clear indicator to some of you vets that this stuff actually matters is beyond me.

There’s 3 positions that don’t matter unless you have the top dog - tight end, punter and kicker (which you have) - there’s also an argument to be made about iOL after we had Richie Incognito (might be the wrong player) have the best season for an OL in NSFL. 

1 minute ago, Scalamania said:

There’s 3 positions that don’t matter unless you have the top dog - tight end, punter and kicker (which you have) - there’s also an argument to be made about iOL after we had Richie Incognito (might be the wrong player) have the best season for an OL in NSFL. 

Although fair, I think that's more a reflection that the impact of certain positions is hard to quantify. We see a few OLine stats, but don't have an easy measure of their overall pass-block and run-blocking contributions. If we could tell how Incognito was run or pass-blocking on a per-play basis, there might've been a different conclusion.

But, I guess that's my point: we've got teams filling their coaching staffs before they've finished their starting lineups. I think that's hilarious. (And helpful, tbh.) We know that good punters punt well, and punting is extremely important, yet punters aren't getting drafted until the late, late rounds. Sign me up.

I'll just start S25 champion Jeff Fisher at HC... again.

17 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

I strongly agree with one of those and strongly disagree with the other

I think if a small group of GMs with enough picks to go rogue decided to meme the league and roster 6 kickers and 12 GMs got stuck with the dregs, it would be ugly for a handful of those 12 GMs

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

I think with kicker its not about the top of the heap, its about the bottom of the heap.

like.. I agree, the clear cut #1 kicker in the NFL might be the 5th best in the sim because of RNG, but if you get stuck with a guy who is gonna miss 40% of his FGs, you're not gonna have a good time, regardless of how RNG rolls

• TheKillerNacho changed the title to Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 27 - All-Star Bowl XXIV Posted)