2024 49ers offseason

49erurtaza

Posted (edited)

Just some things I heard, 49ers really tried hard to allow the Jets to give them permission to hire Ulbrich. They even disscussed trading for him. 49ers didn't really have many options due to the late start. I dont expect Staley to take over down the line, think he ends up being here for one season and hired away as a D cordinator. Id expect Sorensen to stay outside of a defensive implosion. 

Edited by 49erurtaza
  • Like 1

On 2/26/2024 at 3:17 PM, Geek said:

I think there is some decent IOL talent in FA this year. Some good dudes who won't break the bank. I'd love to see us pickup a center and guard then draft a tackle. A Cushenberry, Tomlinson, Guyton trio would be huge for us while still giving us an opportunity to go edge, CB, or BPA in the second.

This is a good post, but it is not what I am replying to....Just not sure how to delete it.  

Anyway.......

It's called cloud because it is designed to rain terror on offenses, obviously.  

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Forge said:

Wonder if Joey would no longer come here. Some people make it seem like he didn't like staley

I mean I'm sure his love for Nick would take precedent over his hate for Staley lol.

But Joey only comes here if we pay him his market rate. As you said, he's not taking any discounts.

More interested in what happens with Young. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean I'm sure his love for Nick would take precedent over his hate for Staley lol.

But Joey only comes here if we pay him his market rate. As you said, he's not taking any discounts.

More interested in what happens with Young. 

I don't see us paying J. Bosa to play alongside his brother.

I think the only way he comes here is at a discount, which as you said is not likely to happen.

Young seems more plausible at this point but I'm not really that pressed to resign him either.

Rather go after a younger, cheaper alternative that maybe hasn't panned out at his first stop in the league.

@Forge mentioned this about a month or so ago and I think that makes more sense.

21 minutes ago, Forge said:

Don't know the tweet guy, but he's just regurgitating what Rap said on the combine telecast, so I used his tweet. I saw a couple of different people tweet it 

Would be a different precident for the 49ers to get something done that early. On top of that idk if it's in Aiyuk best interesting to get something done that quickly when Jefferson and CeeDee are also in line for a big pay day. 

Just now, 49erurtaza said:

Would be a different precident for the 49ers to get something done that early. On top of that idk if it's in Aiyuk best interesting to get something done that quickly when Jefferson and CeeDee are also in line for a big pay day. 

It's not in his best interest at all. At minimum he should be waiting until Lamb signs, if not JJ. But i think they'll start talking after free agency to get an idea on how far apart they are so that if they niners feel that they have to trade him, they can do so before the draft 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Don't know the tweet guy, but he's just regurgitating what Rap said on the combine telecast, so I used his tweet. I saw a couple of different people tweet it 

I would be surprised if it happened right after free agency. This will get done right before camp starts or a little after it starts. 

I still fully expect a WR in the first three rounds though. 

Really want to re-sign Young and have some flexibility in the draft. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I would be surprised if it happened right after free agency. This will get done right before camp starts or a little after it starts. 

I still fully expect a WR in the first three rounds though. 

Really want to re-sign Young and have some flexibility in the draft. 

I think the engage solely to know if they have to trade him before the draft. If it's way apart in terms of negotiations with no real chance of coming to terms, this would allow them to put him on the market as a trade option. 

If he's still here after the draft, I don't think they move him unless it's a straight up NFL trade (which we never see). Something like Aiyuk for Mclaurin+. I don't think the niners will just take away Aiyuk from this squad with no replacement or way to improve the team after he's gone. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think the engage solely to know if they have to trade him before the draft. If it's way apart in terms of negotiations with no real chance of coming to terms, this would allow them to put him on the market as a trade option. 

If he's still here after the draft, I don't think they move him unless it's a straight up NFL trade (which we never see). Something like Aiyuk for Mclaurin+. I don't think the niners will just take away Aiyuk from this squad with no replacement or way to improve the team after he's gone. 

I would be surprised if that happens. I think you see Kyle start to feature him as the true #1 along with CMC. But if we do trade Aiyuk, I actually prefer just a first round pick and we go cheaper at the position over trading for someone like McLaurin. 

I'm telling you, Kyle would be confident he can make McConkey into a 1,000 yard WR right away. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

I would be surprised if that happens. I think you see Kyle start to feature him as the true #1 along with CMC. But if we do trade Aiyuk, I actually prefer just a first round pick and we go cheaper at the position over trading for someone like McLaurin. 

I'm telling you, Kyle would be confident he can make McConkey into a 1,000 yard WR right away. 

A trade like McLaurin I think would only happen after this year's draft imo because they need to be able to replace him somehow in the immediate season...and since those trades basically never happen, I don't see that happening at all. 

So I think we'll know before the draft for sure because as you said, Kyle will want to replace him and there are probably quite a few receivers that Kyle loves in this draft. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

A trade like McLaurin I think would only happen after this year's draft imo because they need to be able to replace him somehow in the immediate season...and since those trades basically never happen, I don't see that happening at all. 

So I think we'll know before the draft for sure because as you said, Kyle will want to replace him and there are probably quite a few receivers that Kyle loves in this draft. 

Oh yeah, and with teams playing more two high shell on us, we really need crisp route runners and receivers with great hands. 

I have some mid to late round receivers I really like. 

Cam Hart in the 3rd round is someone I have been mocking to us. 

Just going to hope we do enough in free agency where we don't have major needs and just enjoy the draft. This is 2nd most important draft of the Shanny/Lynch era IMO. 

• Like 1