Goldfish 7 Rounds of Heaven

goldfishwars

15 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Yeah.  I don't really love that aspect of it.  But that late in the draft?  You can't really screw around and get picky.  You're just trying to hit on some sort of talent.  Period.  And Cowing does have some.  Even if it's just as a bit of a niche/gadget player.  He's more natural as a receiver than a lot of the many late round "waterbug" gadget player bust types.  So he's got that going for him.

I have a lot more problem with McConky in the 2nd.  Because that's a place where you can afford to get a little bit more choosy about the ~type~ of player you're targeting and how they fit your scheme and needs.

I could see it if he was a crazy elite return guy to essentially replace Agnew.  

I looked at the stats and how well the guys did before him(career catches)that were up there like he was and it don't look too good.

2 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Isn’t Tyron Smith a candidate to leave this off-season? Tbh I just copied what Dane Brugler mocked as he’s pretty plugged in with the Cowboys and Guyton has left tackle athletic traits at least.

Tyron like Guyton was a RT in college If I remember correctly.

3 minutes ago, TVScout said:

Re-signed to a short front loaded contract. Same for Tyler B. Both of them and the team don't really have better choices.

Guess the idea is to groom Guyton behind Smith, who has struggled to stay on the field then. But appreciate your read on it :) 

• Like 1

On 2/15/2024 at 1:47 AM, goldfishwars said:

Before you criticise, please remember this mock will be better than your actual team's draft come April.

Round 1

1. Chicago (From Carolina) - Caleb Williams | QB | USC
2. Washington  - Drake Maye | QB | North Carolina
3. New England  - Jayden Daniels | QB | LSU
4. Arizona  - Marvin Harrison Jr. | WR | Ohio State
5. LA Chargers  - Taliese Fuaga | OT | Oregon State
6. NY Giants  - Malik Nabers | WR | LSU
7. Tennessee  - Joe Alt | OT | Notre Dame
8. Atlanta  - Dallas Turner | EDGE | Alabama
9. Chicago  - Rome Odunze | WR | Washington
10. NY Jets  - Olumuyiwa Fashanu | OT | Penn State
11. Minnesota  - Jared Verse | EDGE | Florida State
12. Denver  - JJ McCarthy | QB | Michigan
13. Las Vegas  - Bo Nix | QB | Oregon

Minnesota
 1 11. Jared Verse | EDGE | Florida State
 2 42. Michael Penix Jr. | QB | Washington
 4 109. Mekhi Wingo | DL | LSU
 4 130. Jalen McMillan | WR | Washington
 5 156. Frank Gore Jr. | RB | Southern Miss
 5 166. Myles Murphy | DL | North Carolina
 6 178. Drake Nugent | OC | Michigan
 6 189. Qwan'Tez Stiggers | CB | Toronto

oh heavens, my man, i just can't see this one at all....

McCarthy on the board and Minny doesn't take him, without any need for a trade up? Then Penix at 42? there's a reason why he'd still be available at 42, ya know...

you could be right, but you could be very, very wrong. and i'll bet on the latter.

• Like 1

By no means is this a bad draft for the Eagles.
However, a couple of small tweaks could be had.

1 22. Quinyon Mitchell | CB | Toledo - Excellent
I hope he is there.

2 50. Kamren Kinchens | S | Miami (Fla.)
Great player, but at a position the Eagles de-prioritize.
They've drafted four safeties in the last 10 years.
Meanwhile they will be transitioning to more of a 3-4.
They don't have those kinds of DE's on the roster, not in spades anyway.
Braden Fiske or Brandon Dorlus seem more likely.

2 53. Edgerrin Cooper | LB | Texas A&M - Excellent
The Eagles have nothing at LB and it killed them.
They need a difference maker.

3 97. Malik Washington | WR | Virginia - Excellent
I hope he is there.

5 160. Javion Cohen | OL | Miami (Fla.) - What I like about this pick is the value.  He's the last IOL I'd draft there.

5 170. Tyrone Tracy | RB | Purdue
I just don't like the player.
I'd even rather see Vidal or Laube, who you have rated much lower, even picked in this spot.

5 171. Kamal Hadden | CB | Tennessee
So, the Eagles have a ton of developmental CB's on the roster (Ringo, Ricks, Jobe, MacPhearson).
Even though Hadden is a good value here, I think they roll with what they have given the selection of Mitchell in the first.
I can see them taking a safety or another DL or LB here, like Liufau.

5 178. Evan Williams | S | Oregon
Right about where I suspect the Eagles will take a safety.  Solid pick

6 188. Anim Dankwah | OT | Howard
About right for a developmental tackle.
However, I prefer Driskell, but that's just splitting hairs.

All in all, this is a tremendous effort and shows that you have a significant amount of insight as well as caring about the draft as much, if not more, than I do.
The draft is my jawn.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

oh heavens, my man, i just can't see this one at all....

McCarthy on the board and Minny doesn't take him, without any need for a trade up? Then Penix at 42? there's a reason why he'd still be available at 42, ya know...

you could be right, but you could be very, very wrong. and i'll bet on the latter.

Right now I'm guessing Kirk re-signs for a couple, so maybe it makes sense to go BPA at another position of need at 12 and take Penix if he's available round 2. Maybe you'd need a trade up to get him there, but I doubt he's going round 1 with his age and injury history. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Right now I'm guessing Kirk re-signs for a couple, so maybe it makes sense to go BPA at another position of need at 12 and take Penix if he's available round 2. Maybe you'd need a trade up to get him there, but I doubt he's going round 1 with his age and injury history. 

the problem with re=signing Kirk (despite just the enormous expense) is that points to the Vikings tying to win it all with Kirk. i'm not sure we really can be considered good enough to do that, so we just waste the two years or so trying.

and taking Penix at 42 might be good "value" but good value doesn't increase the guy's skill set or lessen his injury history.

1 minute ago, vike daddy said:

the problem with re=signing Kirk (despite just the enormous expense) is that points to the Vikings tying to win it all with Kirk. i'm not sure we really can be considered good enough to do that, so we just waste the two years or so trying.

and taking Penix at 42 might be good "value" but good value doesn't increase the guy's skill set or lessen his injury history.

Okay. What would you do? 

2 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Okay. What would you do? 

• take McCarthy at 11 and celebrate.
  • sign MInshew as a bridge.
  • let Cousins walk (and i'm one of his biggest fans) which would save us 35-40 mil a year.

i think as of now, McCarthy is going to be drafted higher than Maye. ew might have to trade UP to get him. so if he's still there at 11...? pop the corks and put in his name.

Minshew makes about 5 mil a year right now. we could pay him 12-15 and save more than 20 mil for two years from walking away from Cousins.

3 hours ago, vike daddy said:
  • take McCarthy at 11 and celebrate.
  • sign MInshew as a bridge.
  • let Cousins walk (and i'm one of his biggest fans) which would save us 35-40 mil a year.

i think as of now, McCarthy is going to be drafted higher than Maye. ew might have to trade UP to get him. so if he's still there at 11...? pop the corks and put in his name.

Minshew makes about 5 mil a year right now. we could pay him 12-15 and save more than 20 mil for two years from walking away from Cousins.

Sure, why not.