NY Giants
 1 6. Malik Nabers | WR | LSU
 2 39. Troy Fautanu | IOL | Washington
 2 47. T.J. Tampa | CB | Iowa St.
 3 70. Spencer Rattler | QB | South Carolina
 4 108. Jaylen Wright | RB | Tennessee
 5 140. Javon Foster | OT | Missouri
 6 184. Cedric Johnson | EDGE | Mississippi

Pretty great picks for the Giants if they ultimately end up not going with an early QB. I don't like Spencer Rattler, but I definitely understand the potential appeal and really like it as a swing in the 3rd. First 3 picks are great, although I'd be tempted to go with Sainristil over Tampa, personally. While corner talent outside of Banks is pretty bleak everywhere, its especially so at nickel.

Only thing I’ll add here is getting another pass rusher outside of Kayvon is so important. Would hate to wait so long.

• Like 1

Don't really like us taking a QB at 13 in this situation even though it is a need. I'd prefer we either trade up to get one of the top 3 guys (probably not possible), or wait until 2nd round to get whoever is left between McCarthy, Nix, and Penix. Whoever we pick at #13 should be a starter day 1, not a project or "competition" at QB.

30 minutes ago, RaisinBran said:

Don't really like us taking a QB at 13 in this situation even though it is a need. I'd prefer we either trade up to get one of the top 3 guys (probably not possible), or wait until 2nd round to get whoever is left between McCarthy, Nix, and Penix. Whoever we pick at #13 should be a starter day 1, not a project or "competition" at QB.

Yeah I wouldn’t like it either, just think if the Broncos take a QB at 12 then the Raiders might feel so boxed in that they have to take their guy at 13.

1 hour ago, goldfishwars said:

Yeah I wouldn’t like it either, just think if the Broncos take a QB at 12 then the Raiders might feel so boxed in that they have to take their guy at 13.

Fair. To be honest I have no idea what we are going to do. 

• Like 1

NY Jets
 1 10. Olumuyiwa Fashanu | OT | Penn State
 3 72. Devontez Walker | WR | North Carolina
 4 112. Beau Brade | S | Maryland
 4 114. Michael Pratt | QB | Tulane
 6 186. Jordan Jefferson | DL | LSU
 7 252. Jawhar Jordan | RB | Louisville
 7 253. Frank Crum | OT | Wyoming
 7 256. Erick Alli | TE | Iowa

like this a lot although I personally think they punt the QB spot till next year and just sign a quality back up for Rodgers this year so swap Pratt out with Jalin McMillan or Jaheim Bell

• Like 1

Jacksonville
 1 17. Jackson Powers-Johnson | IOL | Oregon
 2 48. Ladd McConkey | WR | Georgia
 3 96. Jonah Ellis | EDGE | Utah
 4 115. Khristian Boyd | DL | Northern Iowa
 4 117. Sataoa Laumea | OL | Utah
 5 152. Dwight McGlothern | CB | Arkansas
 6 194. Jacob Cowing | WR | Arizona
 6 210. Logan Lee | DL | Iowa
 7 233. Caeden Wallace | OT | Penn State

Not bad for the Jaguars.  But i'd definitely prefer some tweaks.

JPJ is hard to argue with.  Personally, i think it's a little bit high for him.  But i know a lot of people and probably teams are a lot higher on him than i am, and he's undeniably a good fit at a point of obvious need.

The 2nd rounder on McConkey feels like a "right position, wrong player".  I really like him and i think he's gonna be a solid possession slot receiver stud for someone...but that's not really what the Jaguars need.  They need something more in the vein of a big outside target.  Ideally someone who can be a big possession target there and also stretch the field down the sidelines...but at least one or the other of those things.  Kirk is already pretty good working out of the slot and even Zay Jones can do it.  Plus Trevor's fav target Engram doing a lot of work over the middle of the field as well.

I'd take any of Legette/Tez Walker or even Ja'Lynn Polk there over McConkey i think.  Particularly for the Jaguars needs.

After that, it's really just darts.  Jonah Elliss is interesting.  Don't mind that.  He doesn't seem like a real natural, bendy, toolsy edge guy...but he's got a motor and he's violent.  I don't really have an issue with that pick, as effectively a 4th rounder.

Where the late round guys are concerned, it's really just about grabbing guys you like.  I don't have my rankings developed enough to really feel too strongly in any direction on most of those guys yet.  I'm not particularly high on Cowing.  6th round though?  Hard to really argue against taking a flyer.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Not bad for the Jaguars.  But i'd definitely prefer some tweaks.

JPJ is hard to argue with.  Personally, i think it's a little bit high for him.  But i know a lot of people and probably teams are a lot higher on him than i am, and he's undeniably a good fit at a point of obvious need.

The 2nd rounder on McConkey feels like a "right position, wrong player".  I really like him and i think he's gonna be a solid possession slot receiver stud for someone...but that's not really what the Jaguars need.  They need something more in the vein of a big outside target.  Ideally someone who can be a big possession target there and also stretch the field down the sidelines...but at least one or the other of those things.  Kirk is already pretty good working out of the slot and even Zay Jones can do it.  Plus Trevor's fav target Engram doing a lot of work over the middle of the field as well.

I'd take any of Legette/Tez Walker or even Ja'Lynn Polk there over McConkey i think.  Particularly for the Jaguars needs.

After that, it's really just darts.  Jonah Elliss is interesting.  Don't mind that.  He doesn't seem like a real natural, bendy, toolsy edge guy...but he's got a motor and he's violent.  I don't really have an issue with that pick, as effectively a 4th rounder.

Where the late round guys are concerned, it's really just about grabbing guys you like.  I don't have my rankings developed enough to really feel too strongly in any direction on most of those guys yet.  I'm not particularly high on Cowing.  6th round though?  Hard to really argue against taking a flyer.

Cowing is like 5 foot 8.5 and 165 pounds.  Doesn't really seem like a great fit since we need a bigger wr.

31 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Cowing is like 5 foot 8.5 and 165 pounds.  Doesn't really seem like a great fit since we need a bigger wr.

Yeah.  I don't really love that aspect of it.  But that late in the draft?  You can't really screw around and get picky.  You're just trying to hit on some sort of talent.  Period.  And Cowing does have some.  Even if it's just as a bit of a niche/gadget player.  He's more natural as a receiver than a lot of the many late round "waterbug" gadget player bust types.  So he's got that going for him.

I have a lot more problem with McConky in the 2nd.  Because that's a place where you can afford to get a little bit more choosy about the ~type~ of player you're targeting and how they fit your scheme and needs.

On 2/15/2024 at 3:47 AM, goldfishwars said:

Washington 
 1 2. Drake Maye | QB | North Carolina
 2 36. Chris Braswell | EDGE | Alabama
 2 40. Jordan Morgan | OT | Arizona
 3 67. Payton Wilson | LB | NC State
 3 100. Josh Newton | CB | TCU
 4 103. Cade Stover | TE | Ohio State
 5 138. Tykee Smith | S | Georgia
 6 180. Kaitori Leveston | IOL | Kansas State
 7 219. Isaac Guerendo | RB | Louisville

In a vacuum that’s a great draft for us. 

• Like 1

I don't quite understand why every one has the Cowboys picking a right tackle in the 1st. That pick is supposed to be a day 1 starter or at least a major contributor. Cowboys already have an RT on contract for years in the future. Yes I know they need depth. At left tackle not right. Kingsley would better. but even he would spend most if not all of his rookie season on the bench.  I would rather pick Keon Coleman. Cowboys haven't had that guy since Dez forgot how to catch.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TVScout said:

I don't quite understand why every one has the Cowboys picking a right tackle in the 1st. That pick is supposed to be a day 1 starter or at least a major contributor. Cowboys already have an RT on contract for years in the future. Yes I know they need depth. At left tackle not right. Kingsley would better. but even he would spend most if not all of his rookie season on the bench.  I would rather pick Keon Coleman. Cowboys haven't had that guy since Dez forgot how to catch.

Isn’t Tyron Smith a candidate to leave this off-season? Tbh I just copied what Dane Brugler mocked as he’s pretty plugged in with the Cowboys and Guyton has left tackle athletic traits at least.