Raiders QB Jimmy Garoppolo suspended two games for PED's

any chance the Raiders new GM / Front office were sitting around talking about how it sucks they got stuck with such a bad contract and wish they could get out of it, had someone look into the voids, and noticed Jimmy G never renewed his yearly league therapeutical exemption and self reported it… aka turned him in so he’d get suspended so they could void the guarantees?  

honestly, due to the timing of it i think it’s incredibly likely.

13 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

any chance the Raiders new GM / Front office were sitting around talking about how it sucks they got stuck with such a bad contract and wish they could get out of it, had someone look into the voids, and noticed Jimmy G never renewed his yearly league therapeutical exemption and self reported it… aka turned him in so he’d get suspended so they could void the guarantees?  

honestly, due to the timing of it i think it’s incredibly likely.

I wouldn't be surprised if Raiders had guys set up Jimmy and Chandler Jones to get out of those contracts. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Raiders had guys set up Jimmy and Chandler Jones to get out of those contracts. 

i highly doubt we “set up” either player if that means drugging, etc the players.  

also, chandler jones kept all his money.  we didn’t get any cap relief from releasing him.  the raiders would have to sue him for the prorated amount of upfront money AND actually collect it (good luck with that) for them to get a cap hit the next year.  by the time that happens, assuming it did, we’re talking adding cap space to the 2026+ season.   jones will cost the raiders 12M in 2024 and then he’s off the books.

19 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

i highly doubt we “set up” either player if that means drugging, etc the players.  

also, chandler jones kept all his money.  we didn’t get any cap relief from releasing him.  the raiders would have to sue him for the prorated amount of upfront money AND actually collect it (good luck with that) for them to get a cap hit the next year.  by the time that happens, assuming it did, we’re talking adding cap space to the 2026+ season.   jones will cost the raiders 12M in 2024 and then he’s off the books.

7 hours ago, Jerry said:

If there’s any ex Raider that we need to stop talking about, it’s him.

i agree… i hated the signing from day 1 due to the contract and his age and how his sack totals the last few years were “artificially” propped up by 1 large (3-5 sack game).  I projected his regression had begun, and thus he shouldn’t have got such a large deal and especially far too much guaranteed.  

i hope he rebounds on a personal level but i’d prefer to forget about him and not discuss him again

• Like 1

23 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

i agree… i hated the signing from day 1 due to the contract and his age and how his sack totals the last few years were “artificially” propped up by 1 large (3-5 sack game).  I projected his regression had begun, and thus he shouldn’t have got such a large deal and especially far too much guaranteed.  

i hope he rebounds on a personal level but i’d prefer to forget about him and not discuss him again

This...x2. Smh

• 2 weeks later...

The more I think about this, the more angry I get that Josh McDaniels was ever the HC of the Raiders. The dude was so arrogant, he actually assumed he could get Brady out of retirement and then settled on an injured Jimmy G (and probably did some underhanded things to get him signed) and wouldn't go to a different option when it was clear to EVERYONE that the experiment wasn't working. Still ticks me off.

On 2/17/2024 at 11:22 AM, Humble_Beast said:

Agreed. They definitely did my boy Jimmy G dirty

• Like 1