Is Chris Jones HoF?

onejayhawk

Chris Jones was the best Defensive Player for a Dynasty. Moreover, this was CONSISTENT as in there weren't weird years where someone else on the D popped up as the best player; he was always the best Defensive Player for the Chiefs Dynasty. I think that, at worst, you could argue he is the 4th best player of that Dynasty which could still keep going. There's no way you can argue he isn't a HOFer based on how we honor dynasties. Likewise, if Aaron Donald didn't exist, his CV over 8 years stacks up with many HOFers.

2 hours ago, El Ramster said:

Yeah Chris Jones isn’t a first ballot HOF. What’s stopping the chiefs from

saying Snead is a first ballot HOF or Matthews. Nah, there’s levels to this. No way in hell is Jones a first ballot HOF. 

Felt like in the Super Bowl he was rarely doubled or even tripled. They legit left him untouched in one play that was an open TD. Let’s not get crazy here. First ballot? Nah. If Holt wasn’t first ballot who’s greater at his position then Jones isn’t.. I’ll always compare players to Holt who’s had to wait a a criminal amount of time. 

He was doubled at a higher rate than Aaron Donald in each of the past two seasons. I’m not calling him 1st Ballot, but double rate via the eye test is weak sauce. 

Someone else calling him Eli or Vincent Jackson too, there are some really crazy takes out there.

Edited by Soko
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

Do we  play for stats, or do we play for rings? Period. Half those guys have no argument for HOF and we're going to try and compare them to Ben?

It's nice though to be Ben and go 9/21 for 123 yards and 2 INTs in the Super Bowl and have your team carry you to victory.

15 minutes ago, Soko said:

I mean, most guys play for the cash, lol. And yeah, I’d definitely compare Ben to most of those guys. I wouldn’t necessarily argue the order of however you wanna put them, but I wouldn’t say Ben runs away with #1. I’m not putting any of those guys in the HOF, either. 

Rings are big for a HOF resume, but as I said, it’s my opinion that being an elite player is the most important criteria. I don’t view Ben as a guy who was consistently bringing elite QB play to the table. When the big four were playing, which they did for most of Ben’s career, Ben wasn’t the rock solid number 5, year in and year out. He never entered that chat. Same reason I wouldn’t vote for Eli, even with rings. 

I mean it’s not like Phillip Rivers was a scrub. In my eyes he’s a HOF. Eli should be in the HOF but people have major push back because of his .500’record. But the man won 2 chips vs the goat. I’ll take Rivers over Eli though. It’s so dependent on the team and coaching and good luck. 

1 minute ago, AngusMcFife said:

It's nice though to be Ben and go 9/21 for 123 yards and 2 INTs in the Super Bowl and have your team carry you to victory.

Right. 😂 people forget Big Ben was a super game game manager to start his career. Guy wasn’t asked for much but he developed nicely. I still don’t think Big Ben was ever a top 5 QB during that era.. 

• Like 1

Just now, El Ramster said:

I mean it’s not like Phillip Rivers was a scrub. In my eyes he’s a HOF. Eli should be in the HOF but people have major push back because of his .500’record. But the man won 2 chips vs the goat. I’ll take Rivers over Eli though. It’s so dependent on the team and coaching and good luck. 

Yeah, totally realize I’m in the minority on my end. Rivers was awesome, but same story, spent more time on the cusp of greatness than he did actually being great, IMO. Eli is a non-starter, I don’t entertain him at all, lol. But yeah, most people do have him going in. 

I have high standards for the HOF, I wouldn’t vote for any QBs outside of the big four + Mahomes, as of now.

1 minute ago, BlaqOptic said:

Now do the 3 games preceding the Super Bowl...

Point still stands. He crapped the bed in the most important game. What other QB has that benefit? 98% of the QBs with that stat line get demolished ala Seahawks vs Broncos. 

Just now, Soko said:

Yeah, totally realize I’m in the minority on my end. Rivers was awesome, but same story, spent more time on the cusp of greatness than he did actually being great, IMO. Eli is a non-starter, I don’t entertain him at all, lol. But yeah, most people do have him going in. 

I have high standards for the HOF, I wouldn’t vote for any QBs outside of the big four + Mahomes, as of now.

At the end of the day the goal is to win the chip. Not regular season stats. It’s why I despise Dak and Rodgers. Glorified regular champs, scrubs when it matters the most. Why do we punish that and praise the other part? Which in my eyes is the most important. Those giant runs were legendary. As dawgs to come up huge is nuts. 

1 minute ago, El Ramster said:

At the end of the day the goal is to win the chip. Not regular season stats. It’s why I despise Dak and Rodgers. Glorified regular champs, scrubs when it matters the most. Why do we punish that and praise the other part? Which in my eyes is the most important. Those giant runs were legendary. As dawgs to come up huge is nuts. 

How’re you gonna say it’s about luck and Rivers should get in, but then say Rodgers was a playoff scrub? 

I’m not discounting championships, but they’re only one piece to the puzzle. Eli brings nothing else to the table. No All-Pros, no MVPs, no elite seasons. 

6 minutes ago, Soko said:

How’re you gonna say it’s about luck and Rivers should get in, but then say Rodgers was a playoff scrub? 

I’m not discounting championships, but they’re only one piece to the puzzle. Eli brings nothing else to the table. No All-Pros, no MVPs, no elite seasons. 

Rodgers was/is a playoff chocker. 15-1 and got that as handed to him by Eli the goat killer. 

1 minute ago, El Ramster said:

Rodgers was/is a playoff chocker. 15-1 and got that as handed to him by Eli the goat killer. 

Rodgers has a ring, more playoff appearances, and better playoff numbers across the board than Rivers both in bulk and on a per game basis, but Rodgers is a playoff scrub and Rivers isn’t, lol. Make it make sense brodie. 

Reminds me of the KingOfStats days

18 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Point still stands. He crapped the bed in the most important game. What other QB has that benefit? 98% of the QBs with that stat line get demolished ala Seahawks vs Broncos. 

I love taking shots at Ben but he was an assassin the in the back half of his career. The TD throw to Holmes to win the Super Bowl is one of the greatest clutch throws in NFL history in terms of accuracy, fitting the ball in a 6x6 inch box.