Ravens sign RB Derrick Henry (2 years, $16M, $9M gtd)

RaidersAreOne

4 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Yup. Just as - if not more - heated than 2006ish-current Ravens Steelers 

Ravens and Titans have given each other an amazing amount of soul crushing losses:

Ravens beat no. 1 seed heavily favored Titans in AFC Divisional in TEN, infamous Ray pick of Georges bobble.

Titans get revenge 20-17, beat DPOY Ray and 2000-yard rusher Jamal Lewis in BAL.

Ravens get revenge, baby Flacco upsets no. 1 seed Titans 13-10 in TEN.

Titans get revenge, upset heavily favored Lamar MVP season in BAL.

Lamar gets revenge the following year, beating 2000-yard Henry 20-13 in TEN.

Each team winless at home.

Each team has the honor of beating the other teams most dominant regular season team: 2000 Titans were the best team in the league, as were the 2019 Ravens.

Each team beat the other teams season with a 2000 yard rusher (2003 Lewis, 2020 Henry).

• Like 4

1 minute ago, AngusMcFife said:

Ravens and Titans have given each other an amazing amount of soul crushing losses:

Ravens beat no. 1 seed heavily favored Titans in AFC Divisional in TEN, infamous Ray pick of Georges bobble.

Titans get revenge 20-17, beat DPOY Ray and 2000-yard rusher Jamal Lewis in BAL.

Each team has the honor of beating the other teams most dominant regular season team: 2000 Titans were the best team in the league, as were the 2019 Ravens.

Each team beat the other teams season with a 2000 yard rusher (2003 Lewis, 2020 Henry).

It’s nuts.

Long live the AFC Central

2 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

The lesson is that home field advantage is overrated. Here's to no more home playoff games!

3 hours ago, Soko said:

The 180s being done from this thread lol 

To be fair, it is not the same question to ask if you want to bring in Henry at the trade deadline in the middle of last season, or sign in him this offseason.

You would only bring him in last season as the finishing piece for a championship run.

Bringing him in this offseason still allows time to bring in complementary backs such as a 3rd down back who can catch passes.

Just now, AngusMcFife said:

To be fair, it is not the same question to ask if you want to bring in Henry at the trade deadline in the middle of last season, or sign in him this offseason.

You would only bring him in last season as the finishing piece for a championship run.

Bringing him in this offseason still allows time to bring in complementary backs such as a 3rd down back who can catch passes.

Multiple people in the thread said they want no part of Henry, don’t want him as the starter walking into 2024, don’t want him on the team, he’s no better than Gus Edward, doesn’t bring anything to the offense. Thats pretty unilateral as far as acquisition goes. 

4 minutes ago, Soko said:

Multiple people in the thread said they want no part of Henry, don’t want him as the starter walking into 2024, don’t want him on the team, he’s no better than Gus Edward, doesn’t bring anything to the offense. Thats pretty unilateral as far as acquisition goes. 

Its really 2 ppl, AFlacco and RayReed

6 minutes ago, Soko said:

If you were post digging that much surely you saw as many people saying that we wanted him before the deadline last year AND that we want him this offseason AND that we believe he is a CLEAR upgrade on Gus Edwards.

What's your goal from cherry picking like that?

8 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

I've been saying he's overrated for years. Never loved his game.

But now that he's a 'Ven....dude is awesome. Legend. HOFer. King.

idk how much clearer i can get folks

• Like 2

So cool, will be fun to watch him and dude could be straight dominating in that offense with Lamar Jackson taking tons of attention of Henry.  Big boy move by the Ravens right there and honestly that is pretty cheap but what else is new, all the backs even if they are great are not getting huge money.  Great for the teams I guess, but no elite RB even comes close to $20 mil a year...  compared to WR where 16 guys get over 20 million a year and some way over that at 28-30 mil a year.

4 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

If you were post digging that much surely you saw as many people saying that we wanted him before the deadline last year AND that we want him this offseason AND that we believe he is a CLEAR upgrade on Gus Edwards.

What's your goal from cherry picking like that?

Who’s post digging? You just Google the website and Henry, Ravens, lol. I remember discussions from last trade deadline and seeing all sorts of pushback about how Gus was better than Henry, how the Ravens weren’t a fit for Henry, how Henry’s washed and lives off big runs. So I wanted to see who it was, and then I posted. Sorry if that upsets you, though I don’t know why it does if it wasn’t you. 

5 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

If you want to call them out, fine, but they have stuck with their opinion in this thread, so I don't really see any hypocrisy here.

54 minutes ago, Soko said:

Who’s post digging? You just Google the website and Henry, Ravens, lol. I remember discussions from last trade deadline and seeing all sorts of pushback about how Gus was better than Henry, how the Ravens weren’t a fit for Henry, how Henry’s washed and lives off big runs. So I wanted to see who it was, and then I posted. Sorry if that upsets you, though I don’t know why it does if it wasn’t you. 

So, do a better job remembering and remember those who said Gus was just-a-guy and that Henry would be a massive upgrade.

Your narrow selective memory isn't the mainline

3 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

So, do a better job remembering and remember those who said Gus was just-a-guy and that Henry would be a massive upgrade.

Your narrow selective memory isn't the mainline

And then what? Give you all pats on back? Lmao

Never said anything was main or whatever. Just pointing out how things flipped for a few people. You can unclinch your pearls now. How dare anyone bring up things people have said on a forum!!! 

Edited by Soko