Ravens sign RB Derrick Henry (2 years, $16M, $9M gtd)

RaidersAreOne

6 minutes ago, titanrick said:

I think people will be surprised at how much Henry has left in the tank.  Our OLine was pathetic the past two years.  Seems like he was being hit behind the LOS nearly every play.

Our o-line has a lot of question marks as well. We'll have two new starting guards and the health of our starting Tackles is always a coin flip. Granted within our fanbase, we have a lot of confidence in the projected starters, but I wouldn't be so quick as to call this a great offensive line...yet.

BUT if the o-line holds up and Keaton Mitchell gets back fully healthy this season, whatever level of fear fans had facing the Ravens rushing attack in the past, it won't come close to the potential of this unit.

1 hour ago, -Hope- said:

tbh, the fit is a little weird to me. henry’s clear strength is under-center, line em up wide zone where he gets a running start behind the LOS. is he going to be doing a lot of shotgun/pistol/read option work with lamar? doesn’t necessarily seem like the absolute best use of his skillset.

regardless though i’m happy for him and quite happy he didn’t end up with a division rival. as much as i like our rivalry with the ravens i don’t harbor the same disgust for them that a lot of titans fans do, so i hope he puts up some good numbers, goes ring chasing, and cements a place in the HOF. come back home to retire in a few years, king. we’ll miss ya 🫡

Wondering this myself. As obvious as the fit seems, is it really? Monken wants to run a vertical passing attack with 11-personnel, which already took Lamar away from the Pistol/RPO and put him more in traditional Shotgun. Henry needs his QB under center so he can get a running start to be effective. Seems like they're gonna have to try to marry three different concepts to make this work. 

Edited by Nex_Gen

12 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

or Charlotte or New Orleans

In Maryland, the Queen City is a little town called Cumberland around 120 miles west of Baltimore.  Baltimore was the King City.  It was right there, Shefty.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, -Hope- said:

tbh, the fit is a little weird to me. henry’s clear strength is under-center, line em up wide zone where he gets a running start behind the LOS. is he going to be doing a lot of shotgun/pistol/read option work with lamar? doesn’t necessarily seem like the absolute best use of his skillset.

regardless though i’m happy for him and quite happy he didn’t end up with a division rival. as much as i like our rivalry with the ravens i don’t harbor the same disgust for them that a lot of titans fans do, so i hope he puts up some good numbers, goes ring chasing, and cements a place in the HOF. come back home to retire in a few years, king. we’ll miss ya 🫡

Since when was there a rivalry between the Ravens and Titans?

43 minutes ago, Soko said:

I know @AFlaccoSeagulls is upset, since just this season he was telling me how much better Gus Edwards was than Henry, and how the Ravens are so much better with a top 5 back all time (in the second half).

I'm glad we didn't have to trade for him. I'm still going to stick to my guns and say that Gus is just as effective. I'd love to be proven wrong this year but when I watch Derrick Henry I see a guy who does nothing for 90% of his carries then breaks one on the 21st carry or something. That's just my opinion.

Hopefully facing lighter boxes and (hopefully) a better OL and less attention will help him go off, but Gus Edwards was consistently a 5YPC guy and super reliable for dirt cheap.

1 minute ago, SteelKing728 said:

Since when was there a rivalry between the Ravens and Titans?

Since the playoff loss where Henry stiff armed Earl Thomas, and you could almost argue it goes back to the Ray Lewis / Eddie George days but the most recent revival was def that playoff game

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls
  • Like 1