Where would Prime Michael Vick rank among current QBs?

CP3MVP

8 hours ago, fattlipp said:

Yeah, he was Lamar with a better arm…… 

Not sure if youre overrating Vick or underrating Lamar.   Perhaps both.

Lamar is far more accurate than Vick EVER was and reads defenses better too.    

The only year Vick was ever on Lamar's level as a passer was 2010.   Thats one year....in his entire career.

I have my criticisms of Lamar, especially as a leader and postseason QB, but I would take Lamar everyday of the week and twice on Sundays over Vick.

• Like 3

On 3/23/2024 at 8:43 AM, 43M said:

The only year Vick was ever on Lamar's level as a passer was 2010.   Thats one year....in his entire career.

I have my criticisms of Lamar, especially as a leader and postseason QB, but I would take Lamar everyday of the week and twice on Sundays over Vick.

Vick had a better arm.  There is little debate there.  There are few QB's in the history of the league that had the kind of arm or athleticism Vick had.  Neither are the most cerebral of QB's, though Vick was awful at pre-snap reads and reading defenses, while Lamar I would say is close to league avg in that regard.  Why Lamar is a much better QB than Vick ever was is because of his accuracy.  Vick could simply be taken out of a game by forcing him to stay in the pocket and blitzing him from the left side and setting the edge to his right.

• Like 1

On 3/23/2024 at 7:43 AM, 43M said:

Better arm means 75 yard rainbows,  has nothing to do with accuracy…..it’s arm strength…..  Ty Detmer was accurate…. Didn’t have a good arm…

and it’s probably a generational thing, you probably think Lebron was better than Jordan…

Edited by fattlipp

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2024 at 7:43 AM, 43M said:

Lamar's worst season as a passer was pretty much Vick's average year, 2010 excepted. 

On 3/26/2024 at 8:19 PM, fattlipp said:

Better arm means 75 yard rainbows,  has nothing to do with accuracy…..it’s arm strength…..  Ty Detmer was accurate…. Didn’t have a good arm…

and it’s probably a generational thing, you probably think Lebron was better than Jordan…

Just saw this, but LMAO.

I never said anything about arm strength.   Perhaps try debating the points I actually made.  

Its not a generational thing at all.  Vick was never a particularly good passer.   He was a highlight reel QB.  All style....very little substance.   Neither Vick or Lamar are guys Id completely trust in big games, but if I needed a QB to win me one game during the regular season, Id take Lamar every time.

And...wrong again.   MJ>>>>>LeFlop.