Edge - Draft

Center - Jensen or 2nd round

CB - Butler or Johnson in FA

RB - later 2nd round or 3rd round

QB any way we can get one

Edge rusher, especially if Mo is gone at the end of the year

Center with a draft pick

RB in the draft

The way Buster Skrine, played yesterday I would move CB down on the list.

TE  I am not sold on ASJ he is young with good size and good in the red zone but never get open over the middle. He is the least of our problems.

8 hours ago, doumeyer said:

QB any way we can get one

Edge rusher, especially if Mo is gone at the end of the year

Center with a draft pick

RB in the draft

The way Buster Skrine, played yesterday I would move CB down on the list.

TE  I am not sold on ASJ he is young with good size and good in the red zone but never get open over the middle. He is the least of our problems.

I'd consider not cutting Skrine but I think we absolutely still need an outside CB long term. Skrine is only here for 1 more year so striking now would be the way to go since there will be a few good ones in FA.

Just now, mike23md said:

Do you think the Jets have the money to push for Cousins at 30 AAV expected? He might expect 27-28, but just sayin, he is going to cost a pretty penny, and likely wants to go to a place that is ready to win. 

Yes we have the potential to have 95 mill i n cap space this offseason

17 minutes ago, mike23md said:

Do you think the Jets have the money to push for Cousins at 30 AAV expected? He might expect 27-28, but just sayin, he is going to cost a pretty penny, and likely wants to go to a place that is ready to win. 

6 year deal with an average of $28M per year with $65M in guarantees coming in the 1st 2 years. This contract would make Cousins the highest paid player in league history.

Year 1 - $40M

Year 2 - $35M

Year 3 - $24M

Year 4 - $23M

Year 5 - $23M

Year 6 - $23M

This will likely prevent the Redskins from matching a deal if they use a transition tag, allows us to cut bait after 2 years if he bombs out, and our next big contracts that will be coming up are not until 2020 when his cap hit would be $24M and the cap is projected to be $200M. (12% of our cap space) To put that in prospective Brady, Eli, Rivers, Big Ben, Wilson, Palmer, Newton, and Matt Ryan are all over 12% of their teams and they are SB contenders year in and year out.

Oo yea and if we signed Cousins to that deal we'd still have $54M in cap space left this season.

I think that you're proposition would have to have more guaranteed money. 

Transition tag is 28M. Franchise tag is 34. 

Yes, the 40M up front and 35M in the 2nd year are very attractive. But you would have to guarantee at least the 3 years I think to get Cousins there. Again, seems to be completely obtainable. But guaranteeing him basically $99M in his first 3 years, would easily put him in that market to venture to NY and the Jets. 

1 hour ago, mike23md said:

I think that you're proposition would have to have more guaranteed money. 

Transition tag is 28M. Franchise tag is 34. 

Yes, the 40M up front and 35M in the 2nd year are very attractive. But you would have to guarantee at least the 3 years I think to get Cousins there. Again, seems to be completely obtainable. But guaranteeing him basically $99M in his first 3 years, would easily put him in that market to venture to NY and the Jets. 

I'm not sure he's going to get $99M guaranteed when Stafford who just set the record is at $60.5M. Heck you could say the 2 years are fully guaranteed making it $75M, he'd cost that much if he's on the team anyway. I don't think Cousins is looking for some Earth shattering deal though, more so a record setting deal with a team who believes in him and gives him the best chance to win. I believe this deal, city, and team does that better than anywhere else. 

Archived