Official Minnesota T'Wolves Thread

TENINCH

27 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Well, kind of, in my opinion. They still don't put away teams when they have a chance, and that is a bit worrisome. That said, winning is winning. Right now my biggest concern is Jeff Teague's injury. That looked like it could be ACL, especially since they were looking at his knee not his ankle. That would be a big blow for the Wolves if that is the case.

Do you think the issue of putting away teams could be contributed to the starters heavy minutes? Last night I thought Denver was done, down 19 pts, playing B2B and the Wolves were hitting everything. Minny looked like they were losing some energy out there when Denver came back up.

16 minutes ago, iLikeDefense said:

Do you think the issue of putting away teams could be contributed to the starters heavy minutes? Last night I thought Denver was done, down 19 pts, playing B2B and the Wolves were hitting everything. Minny looked like they were losing some energy out there when Denver came back up.

I think some of that. That said, I think some of it is buy in to the system (also last night was definitely KAT foul troubles).

What's the sense you guys are getting from KAT on his long term future in Minnesota?

Obviously if he wants max money, and most young players do and should, you have him for at least the next 6 seasons. But is there any sense he could be looking to move on maybe somewhere down south in the desert with his buddy Booker *wink wink* or is that just wishful thinking? If you go on twitter he's always messing around and it seems like they do want to team up at some point.

4 minutes ago, DalCowboyzRule said:

What's the sense you guys are getting from KAT on his long term future in Minnesota?

I think that he should get a max deal. He has been improving this season defensively. He's a great scorer and great rebounder and a good passer. I don't see the Wolves letting him go and from what I've seen he seems to like it here.

Wiggins is the player right now who I wish we hadn't given the max deal to.

27 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

I think some of that. That said, I think some of it is buy in to the system (also last night was definitely KAT foul troubles).

I think at some point Thibs is going to have to rest the starters more, they will burn out before reaching the post season imo. I remember seeing a few players upset about the defense, was that because they weren't buying into Thibs system?

17 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Wiggins is the player right now who I wish we hadn't given the max deal to.

It was tough because you guys kind of had to give him the max, forming the big 3 and tough to let a player that young go.

Yeah, I think that there is some buy-in that is still needed. I feel like KAT has bought in now and Gibson/Butler/Teague seem to have and obviously Butler is the one who knows it best. Wiggins needs to buy in and be a better player at this point in time. He can certainly be a part of their big three, but he needs to do more than mainly stand around and score.

25 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Yeah, I think that there is some buy-in that is still needed. I feel like KAT has bought in now and Gibson/Butler/Teague seem to have and obviously Butler is the one who knows it best. Wiggins needs to buy in and be a better player at this point in time. He can certainly be a part of their big three, but he needs to do more than mainly stand around and score.

You are probably right, seems like the Wolves are winning and playing tough but Wiggins is hurting the team. The nugget fan in me hopes Wiggins keeps on doing what he's doing lol.

Good news about Teague that it's not the ACL. However we will need to get by for the time being without him. I don't think it'll be too much of a problem. Tyus is underrated. We need him to step up. This is his time to show he's better than a career backup, and frankly, I think he is. In the time he's played this year he's looked better than previous years. He has a better shot, and his numbers prove that, even if it's a small sample size. Right now, we need Tyus to fill in and keep the momentum rolling for us as Teague recovers. I'm hoping this time period gives Tyus a chance to grow as a player, so when Teague comes back, Tyus will be better in relief, and maybe make it so we don't have to force Teague to play nearly 40 minutes a night like he sometimes has to do. 

As for tonight's game, I think this might be a tough game just because the Bucks are a solid team at home, and we're going to be pretty banged up from yesterday's OT game. But if we're going to be a top team in this league, these are the games we need to compete well in, and try and win. 

The Wolves have done a solid job as of late. I feel like we're starting to see Towns really step up in terms of defense which helps with these bigger wins. Basically since I complained about them barely winning games that were blowouts (and still is an issue at times), but some of them are now continuing to be a blowout.

On 1/2/2018 at 8:54 AM, The Gnat said:

The Wolves have done a solid job as of late. I feel like we're starting to see Towns really step up in terms of defense which helps with these bigger wins. Basically since I complained about them barely winning games that were blowouts (and still is an issue at times), but some of them are now continuing to be a blowout.

The Bucks last week was VERY frustrating. We should have won that game, we were up by 20. I've moved past that game however, since we've had two solid wins in a row since then.

3 minutes ago, SkolMasterMN said:

The Bucks last week was VERY frustrating. We should have won that game, we were up by 20. I've moved past that game however, since we've had two solid wins in a row since then.

If it hadn't been on the back end of two games in a row, if they hadn't had to travel (no matter how shortly), and wasn't that right after Teague's injury or at least an OT game. It was frustrating to be up by that much and lose, but much more understandable.

Archived