Devonte Wyatt ILB 1.33 1.37 5th year
Tedarrell Slaton DT 1.21 FA  
Colby Wooden DE 0.42 0.41 0.33
Isaiah McDuffie ILB 0.41 FA  
Kingsley Enagbare OLB 0.4 0.39 FA
Karl Brooks DT 0.37 0.36 0.3
Carrington Valentine CB 0.35 0.37 0.31
Anthony Johnson Jr. CB 0.35 0.35 0.29

Taking the top players on defence, in 2024 the defence accounts for 41.17% of the cap - 16 players (does not include Nixon).
In comparison the top offensive players in 2024 account for 21.95% - 20 players, and that includes Newman who might be a cut
Dead cap for 2024 17.38%, amazing the dead cap almost equates to the same as our offence starters. 

Offence   24 25 26
Elgton Jenkins G 5.46 5.91 6.11
Jordan Love QB 4.83 ?? ??
Josh Jacobs RB 2.01 3.8 3.6
Josh Myers C 1.31 FA  
Royce Newman G 1.23 FA  
Christian Watson WR 0.95 0.99 FA
Luke Musgrave TE 0.73 0.78 0.66
Jayden Reed WR 0.62 0.66 0.56
Sean Rhyan T 0.53 0.55 FA
Tucker Kraft TE 0.48 0.51 0.43
Romeo Doubs WR 0.44 0.43 FA
Zach Tom T 0.42 0.41 FA
Rasheed Walker T 0.38 0.38 FA
Samori Toure WR 0.38 0.38 FA
Sean Clifford QB 0.38 0.37 0.3
Dontayvion Wicks WR 0.38 0.37 0.3
Luke Tenuta T 0.37 0.37 RFA (?)
Malik Heath WR 0.35 0.35 RFA (?)
Bo Melton WR 0.35 RFA RFA (?)
Ben Sims TE 0.35 0.35 FA

When you look at upcoming FA's 2025 is all about the d-line, Kenny and Slaton could be gone, and McDuffie is an FA as well. This could mean that defence does feature very heavily beyond Safety in this draft to account for these up-and-coming losses. 2026 some choice with 5th year options or extensions exist for Quay and Wyatt. Really interesting what we do with King Kenny.

Offence is a different story, 2025 doesn't have many FA of note, apart from Meyers, so maybe we address that this year in the draft or look to extend him during the season while he might be relatively cheap. 2026 is a storm of FAs, on the 0-line we have Walker and Tom with  Rhyan as well, depending how he pans out, that is 4 out of 5 our o-line could be (but I doubt) could be gone. As discussed much on this forum our TE/WR corp is up as well and decisions of who to keep and who to let go will happen with maybe guys getting extended a year or so early. Watson and Doubs are both FAs as well in 2026 with Kraft, Musgrave, Reed and Wicks in 2027.

How much Love is going to cost is the big question mark. However, whatever he gets I'm assuming will be cheap against the cap for the next three years. Making this year and next year very strong windows to challenge as the losses on FA look to be very minimal. Tough choices will have to start be made in 2026 of who to keep and extend. 

We should really be excited for this year and next. Especially if Gute knocks the draft out of the park again.

Over a two-year period, I do not see that many pieces to replace. RIght now, Kenny is the only top tier guy on the list to replace. We are in a pretty good place cap wise this year and next. Going into 2025 as it stands now, we only have 6 players with over a 10-million-dollar base salary or more. We are 75 million under the cap and are sitting on 35 million under right now. I'm assuming Campbell's money doesn't hit until June 1st, otherwise we're at 25 million. 

J-Love's first few years of his deal are going to be lower cap hits, unless we try and absorb some of it this year given our cap situation. That is plenty of money to have a 4-5, even six year window. 

We are still going to be the youngest team in the league next year and have 11 picks (I think it's 11) in this year's draft. 

Over the next two years we have enough draft picks to replace every person on that list if we had to. Anywhere from 5-8 of those guys will get another contract. 

Tourre - who cares, he might get cut this year. 

Newman - don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you. 

Tenuta and Heath - likely down the road

Myers, Rhyan, R. Walker, Melton - tbd (all at varying levels of pay days if paid at all)

Watson, Doubs, Q Walker, Wyatt - need to see more but likely want to keep. 

Tom - Probably getting paid after this year. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

Frankly the window is wider given how we've been drafting the last 2-3 years. I'm not all too concerned about Kenny and Preston Smith TBH; Preston's been a team player and I could see him retiring after this season if we win the Super Bowl. Kenny could be in that boat in 2 years.

The only three names that concern me in regards to cost would be Doubs, Tom, and Walker in that order. I'd extend Doubs sometime this season for at least 2 more years and think long-term with Tom and Walker - mainly Tom. Everyone else listed is either replaceable or resign-able(think cost-effective).

I'm also surprised that Stokes is on this list given his injury history. We're going to have to draft a CB high this year as well as a Safety and we've already talked to Nate Wiggins who's viable at 24. 

@Old Guy: I wouldn't be putting Watson in the same category as Doubs just as I wouldn't put Wyatt in the same category as Walker. Watson and Wyatt haven't been as productive as the other two and I think we need more than one season to determine that TBH; I'd posit Heath over Tenuta or similar reasons.

Edited by Rosser80

48 minutes ago, Rosser80 said:

Frankly the window is wider given how we've been drafting the last 2-3 years. I'm not all too concerned about Kenny and Preston Smith TBH; Preston's been a team player and I could see him retiring after this season if we win the Super Bowl. Kenny could be in that boat in 2 years.

The only three names that concern me in regards to cost would be Doubs, Tom, and Walker in that order. I'd extend Doubs sometime this season for at least 2 more years and think long-term with Tom and Walker - mainly Tom. Everyone else listed is either replaceable or resign-able(think cost-effective).

I'm also surprised that Stokes is on this list given his injury history. We're going to have to draft a CB high this year as well as a Safety and we've already talked to Nate Wiggins who's viable at 24. 

@Old Guy: I wouldn't be putting Watson in the same category as Doubs just as I wouldn't put Wyatt in the same category as Walker. Watson and Wyatt haven't been as productive as the other two and I think we need more than one season to determine that TBH; I'd posit Heath over Tenuta or similar reasons.

Wyatt and Walker are both FRPs. We will have the option of putting a tag on both of those guys after this year. Wyatt was much improved last year and if he continues to improve, he's be a bigger priority than Walker. 

You can replace Doubs easier than Watson. In fact, 13 is going to be taking some of Doubs snaps and catches this year. 

Don't get me wrong, love Walker and Doubs, just not going to discount what Wyatt can bring. Also, we have nobody like what a healthy Watson can do, IMO of course. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Wyatt and Walker are both FRPs. We will have the option of putting a tag on both of those guys after this year. Wyatt was much improved last year and if he continues to improve, he's be a bigger priority than Walker. 

You can replace Doubs easier than Watson. In fact, 13 is going to be taking some of Doubs snaps and catches this year. 

Don't get me wrong, love Walker and Doubs, just not going to discount what Wyatt can bring. Also, we have nobody like what a healthy Watson can do, IMO of course. 

Unfortunately Watson has been the "easiest" to replace for the guy behind him because his too often not playing.

10 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Unfortunately Watson has been the "easiest" to replace for the guy behind him because his too often not playing.

That does not make him or his skillset easy to replace. Unfortunately, it has made it necessary to replace and we've struggled doing so when he's been out. Melton coming on at least covered the deep threat the last 4-5 games. He's no Christian Watson though. 

Our offense improved without Watson last year and at this point he's a lottery ticket much in the way Stokes has become a lottery ticket as well. 

33 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Don't get me wrong, love Walker and Doubs, just not going to discount what Wyatt can bring.

I'm not discounting Wyatt's improvement, but Walker's a proven commodity whereas Wyatt has shown flashes and no real consistency. I can't help but think that Walker will be the priority player given his current role and the role he will most likely play in Hafley's scheme moving forward. 

46 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

That does not make him or his skillset easy to replace. Unfortunately, it has made it necessary to replace and we've struggled doing so when he's been out. Melton coming on at least covered the deep threat the last 4-5 games. He's no Christian Watson though. 

You could argue Watson is a unicorn with his HWS combo that rarely comes around but there are 4 guys just in this draft that are right there with him.

Mitchell, Thomas, Odunze, and Legette big fast 9.9+ RAS guys. 

Just now, wgbeethree said:

You could argue Watson is a unicorn with his HWS combo that rarely comes around but there are 4 guys just in this draft that are right there with him.

Let's draft Legette. He's too much like himself to ever quit

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

Marvin Harrison Jr.?

2 hours ago, MacReady said:

The only thing British people have right with their own language is how to pronounce aunt.

That’s it.

Every other difference is wrong.

Excuse me!!!!

Niche is not nitch!!!

It's niche like it rhymes with quiche. Which is probably another word Americans screw up saying. You probably call it quitch, or do you guys even know what a f'ing quiche is!?!?!?!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

Excuse me!!!!

Niche is not nitch!!!

It's niche like it rhymes with quiche. Which is probably another word Americans screw up saying. You probably call it quitch, or do you guys even know what a f'ing quiche is!?!?!?!

Nish phonetically.

But I’m also the only person outside of Wisconsin who says BAG FLAG TAG RAG with the long A sound, so it sounds like I’m saying beg.

And I’m not even from Wisconsin.