The window is 24 and 25!!!

9 minutes ago, MacReady said:

Nish phonetically.

But I’m also the only person outside of Wisconsin who says BAG FLAG TAG RAG with the long A sound, so it sounds like I’m saying beg.

And I’m not even from Wisconsin.

Good on ya for speaking Gahd’s English. 

20 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

Excuse me!!!!

Niche is not nitch!!!

It's niche like it rhymes with quiche. Which is probably another word Americans screw up saying. You probably call it quitch, or do you guys even know what a f'ing quiche is!?!?!?!

Real men don't eat quiche. 

• Like 1

Honestly what a load of nonsense.

If Love is as good as think he is then the window is open for 10 years minimum. Whatever you think of Rodgers, he kept that window firmly open for a very long time. And Love looks very good indeed.  He has also had one year and its possible he will be found out as some young QBs that had a good year have. I think that is very unlikely but who knows.

Either way, we have a very very young team that currently has gaping holes at linebacker and a potentially fragile secondary (given the injury history of Jaire, Stokes and that we have a below average slot corner). If all goes well then we should be some way from our potential so whilst we definitely have a shot in 2024,  to say our window is the next two years is the sort of nonsense you expect from clickbait podcasts,

On 3/20/2024 at 11:54 AM, MacReady said:

The only thing British people have right with their own language is how to pronounce aunt.

That’s it.

Every other difference is wrong.

The clue is in the name. English.

If you are saying it differently to the way English say it then sorry but you are saying wrong. 

13 minutes ago, mikemike778 said:

The clue is in the name. English.

If you are saying it differently to the way English say it then sorry but you are saying wrong. 

America won the right to say it how it’s supposed to be said when they kicked England back overseas. One a few years after 1776 and a second time a while after we both mehed our ways out of 1812.

And they also lost any right to claim superiority over their own language when they watched their massive empire crumble to about the size of Texas.

Don’t you even dare. I will out America you every single time.

36 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

British conspiracy theorists really piss me off.

Every time I hear one say "The earth is apartment." I want to put a trunk up their homeless person.

and to use a British word: those people are "wazzocks"

2 hours ago, MacReady said:

America won the right to say it how it’s supposed to be said when they kicked England back overseas. One a few years after 1776 and a second time a while after we both mehed our ways out of 1812.

And they also lost any right to claim superiority over their own language when they watched their massive empire crumble to about the size of Texas.

Don’t you even dare. I will out America you every single time.

This is all nonsense. English is the root language (if any language can have a root, as language morphs all the time). Other countries do what they will, with it. Aussies, Canadians and Americans, all change it somewhat to suit themselves. Canadians speak French as well and tweak THAT to suit them. People don't own language, they just use it in their own way. This isn't 'Top Trumps'.

English itself is a pot full of influences from Angles (it was Angleland that became England), Saxons, Jutes, Germanic tribes, Latin, French, Dutch etc.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

2 hours ago, mikemike778 said:

Honestly what a load of nonsense.

If Love is as good as think he is then the window is open for 10 years minimum. Whatever you think of Rodgers, he kept that window firmly open for a very long time. And Love looks very good indeed.  He has also had one year and its possible he will be found out as some young QBs that had a good year have. I think that is very unlikely but who knows.

Either way, we have a very very young team that currently has gaping holes at linebacker and a potentially fragile secondary (given the injury history of Jaire, Stokes and that we have a below average slot corner). If all goes well then we should be some way from our potential so whilst we definitely have a shot in 2024,  to say our window is the next two years is the sort of nonsense you expect from clickbait podcasts,

It is a two year window cos the cap assigned for the offence is tiny. It is virtually the same that we are spending on our dead cap!!!! In future years we won't be so fortunate to have such a low cap on our offence. 4 out of 5 of our o-line are on rookie contracts, all of our WR are on rookie contracts and same with our TE's, come 2026 most of these contracts will be up and we'll have some difficult choices to make.

While the window will always be open while Love stays good/great the best opportunity is over the next two years. In the same way Joe Burrow will always have an opportunity to win one with the Bengals but the prime opportunity for that might have passed as he is on big contract his stud WR1 is on a cheap deal but not for much longer and WR2 now wants to be traded for a big deal. We won't be facing those kind of problems for a couple of years. When those problems appear our ability to win will diminish a bit but not disappear.

On 3/20/2024 at 7:16 AM, Brit Pack said:

Excuse me!!!!

Niche is not nitch!!!

It's niche like it rhymes with quiche. Which is probably another word Americans screw up saying. You probably call it quitch, or do you guys even know what a f'ing quiche is!?!?!?!

I've never ever heard anyone pronounce it "nitch" and I've lived literally across the US.

5 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

The window is a decade plus wide. 

Some bad bounces during the Rodgers era has certain people convinced of some incorrect things. 

The window is most open now. Salary cap will make the window smaller when you have to pay or decide to pay Watson, Doubs, Reed, Wicks, Tom, Walker, Musgrave and Kraft who are all paying for peanuts at the moment on offence