JETS SIGN MIKE WILLIAMS

doumeyer

I really like this signing. I wanted a big target and a deep threat this year, he's both. Having 2 experienced WRs who can give you 1k+ with Rodgers is huge. Defenses can't load the box at all. This will be huge for Hall and also benefit Conklin. 

I would still draft a WR that can line up at X,Y,Z in the 3WR set. Lazard was a healthy scratch last year and Davis was average before retirement. 

If Rodgers can at least perform like his last year in Green Bay, I'm not sure if there is a secondary in the AFCE that can hang with this WR core. 

I really wanted this signing. He is coming off a ACL, but he is a legit WR2 for us. He is everything they wished Lazard was. They double up Wilson, Williams getting a 1v1 matchup, that is a matchup Rodgers can exploit. 

Injuries are the biggest concerns, but the upside is high with the signing of Mike Williams and Tyron Smith. Smith was still the best pass blocking LT in the league last season the guy is dominant when on the field. The Jets just need to do whatever they can to keep them on the field. 

The starting OL when healthy is really good. We have legit options now at pick 10, I wouldn't be surprised if we trade down as well to try to add another pick. Would be a good idea to land a OT to start to develop in as Smith and Moses are on 1 yr deals.   We need to add another WR as well. 

On 3/21/2024 at 1:41 AM, SodeeWater_Cheezburger said:

Things are looking better and better for you this year, Jets fans!  Your team is definitely one of the ones I'll be cheering for.  I'd love to see Aaron Rodgers get another ring on the way into retirement, and for him to do it with the Jets would be very cool too!  Best of luck!

Make it two.   Give us that, yup.

• Like 1