Top 5 Off Ball Linebackers

I want you guys to rank one of the positions that regularly doesn't get much glory anymore: the Off Ball Linebacker!

For anyone who doesn't use that terminology:

"In football, a defensive player in this position who does not focus primarily on pressuring the passer is known as an "off-ball" linebacker. These players do not align themselves on the ball or at the line of scrimmage."

https://www.sportskeeda.com/nfl/who-off-the-ball-linebacker#google_vignette

49 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I find this one tough. But I’ll give it a go

Warner

Milano

Davis

Moseley

Roquan

Good list, it's generally something like this.

Man this position is a dinosaur nowadays.. But if you have one of these guys, it's nice to have.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Thought he was more an edge tbf. If not, then definitely 

Not at all. He lined up as an edge 0 times for us. We do blitz him a lot, but he’s 100% an off ball LB through and through. Exploded onto the scene this year and (don’t @ me) was our best defensive player when you take a snapshot of the entire season. Garrett missed some time & fell off late. JOK got better and better. 

7 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Not at all. He lined up as an edge 0 times for us. We do blitz him a lot, but he’s 100% an off ball LB through and through. Exploded onto the scene this year and (don’t @ me) was our best defensive player when you take a snapshot of the entire season. Garrett missed some time & fell off late. JOK got better and better. 

Fair enough. I'd have him in top 5 then, for sure