DLL Chicago Bears Big Board 2024

dll2000

My first one.  Subject to change up to draft.  

1. QB Caleb Williams
2. WR Marvin Harrison Jr.
3. WR Malik Nabers
4. WR Rome Odunze
5. OT Joe Alt
6. DE Jared Verse 

8. WR Brian Thomas Jr.
10.OT Olumuyiwa Fashanu

11. TE Brock Bowers

12. Jackson Powers-Johnson

13. Graham Barton

14. Adonai Mitchell

15. Xavier Worthy

16. Xavier Legette

17.  DT Byron Murphy II

*Dallas Turner out.  Not a fit IMO.

Edited by dll2000
  • Like 1

I might skip all guys I think will go in back half of 1st and most of 2nd and try do one for 3rd round.

But we could trade down opening up those areas.  Either way I won't have time to do a full big board.

25 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I might skip all guys I think will go in back half of 1st and most of 2nd and try do one for 3rd round.

But we could trade down opening up those areas.  Either way I won't have time to do a full big board.

Is this big board Bears specific? Or overall?

8 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Is this big board Bears specific? Or overall?

Bears.

I didn't include any other QBs for example because it would be a waste of time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

My first one.  Subject to change up to draft.  

1. QB Caleb Williams
2. WR Marvin Harrison Jr.
3. WR Malik Nabers
4. WR Rome Odunze
5. OT Joe Alt
6. DE Jared Verse 
7. DE Dallas Turner 
8. DT Byron Murphy II
9. WR Brian Thomas Jr.
10.OT Olumuyiwa Fashanu

11. TE Brock Bowers

Is this a reflection of where you see guys, or where you think the Bears have them ordered? 

6 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Is this a reflection of where you see guys, or where you think the Bears have them ordered? 

My personal list as it stands today.  But barring a trade down from 9 - I believe it will be two of those guys above at 1 and 9 that gets his name called.  

I am sure they have Caleb at 1, beyond that I don't know how they have it ordered. 

It's a working list.  I look at guys as time permits.  A few years ago I decided I wasn't going to scout players hard anymore since it makes me upset when Bears pass on my guys.

Now I prefer to scout them more after they are on team.   But for 1 and 9, it narrows list down to a group I can watch and reorder as I see more of their games.  

For now I am trusting opinions of others for some of above and athletic testing, etc.

19 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

As for Bears - I am guessing there are camps pushing for their guy. 

Flus and Washington are probably in favor of Turner or Verse.   Maybe Byron Murphy.   

Waldron and Morgan probably want Nabers, Odunze or Alt, maybe Fashanu.  (I think there is no way MH Jr. gets to us).

Poles will listen to all and draft his favorite. 

I doubt they take Bowers in top 10.  

• Like 1

I have been saying I want Odunze at 9 for a few months now. 

Mainly relying on other people and consensus for a lot of these opinions this year.  

I watched him some more myself.  Maybe I need to see more.  He is a very good player, but I am not seeing a world beater we must have.  

I am not going to be heartbroken if we trade back or take someone else at 9.   There are a lot of good WRs in this draft.   

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I have been saying I want Odunze at 9 for a few months now. 

Mainly relying on other people and consensus for a lot of these opinions this year.  

I watched him some more myself.  Maybe I need to see more.  He is a very good player, but I am not seeing a world beater we must have.  

I am not going to be heartbroken if we trade back or take someone else at 9.   There are a lot of good WRs in this draft.   

Interestingly enough, CW only really had 1 WR who was above 6’ in his 3 years in college (Brendan Rice is 6’3” 205). But, that guy caught 12 TDs last year, and Odunze is far more talented.

With Allen on the squad at least for 2024 could make an argument either way, and I’ll be fine with it if we end up drafting him. But, I suspect I’ll be more happy if we trade down into the teens, take Latu or Verse, and then take Legette or Coleman (seemingly falling in mocks now after running 4.6 at the combine) in round 2 with the added pick. 

• Like 1