DLL Chicago Bears Big Board 2024

dll2000

8 hours ago, Epyon said:

No Johnny Newton?

Someone said he has a foot issue.  I don’t do big guys with foot problems.

Back, neck and feet issues scare me.   Also calves. 

Honestly at this point this is a working list of guys for me to look at as time permits.   I have lacked time to personally study prospects this year.  

Might be a year where I look at guys mostly post draft.  

• Like 1

Fwiw I work in a podiatry clinic (foot doctor). Newton (apparently at least, going off news articles) had a partial Jones fracture, not that severe an injury (fracture on one of the baby toe metatarsal bones). Surgical repair likely just involved drilling a screw to stabilize and the usual 6-8 weeks of recovery time for the bone to heal (though you don't get great blood flow down there so healing might take longer) then, if he was casted (i didn't ask the Doc if he'd have been hard casted, though I'd assume so) it's roughly 2 weeks recovery per week spent in a cast for muscle recovery. 

Might already be fine to run on it, depending on when he had the surgery, just maybe not quite ready for the combine/pro day. 

If he waited around for it to heal on its own, realized it wasn't, and then had the surgery it might explain the longer timeline as well. 

Tldr version he's probably fine medically. Might have just taken an errant cleat from another lineman during the season. Wouldn't take all that much with dudes that size. 

Edited by Epyon
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Epyon said:

Fwiw I work in a podiatry clinic (foot doctor). Newton (apparently at least, going off news articles) had a partial Jones fracture, not that severe an injury (fracture on one of the baby toe metatarsal bones). Surgical repair likely just involved drilling a screw to stabilize and the usual 6-8 weeks of recovery time for the bone to heal (though you don't get great blood flow down there so healing might take longer) then, if he was casted (i didn't ask the Doc if he'd have been hard casted, though I'd assume so) it's roughly 2 weeks recovery per week spent in a cast for muscle recovery. 

Might already be fine to run on it, depending on when he had the surgery, just maybe not quite ready for the combine/pro day. 

If he waited around for it to heal on its own, realized it wasn't, and then had the surgery it might explain the longer timeline as well. 

Tldr version he's probably fine medically. Might have just taken an errant cleat from another lineman during the season. Wouldn't take all that much with dudes that size. 

Well dang.  Actually interesting and decent enough news.  Do you have a professional; opinion on painted nails? 

1 hour ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Well dang.  Actually interesting and decent enough news.  Do you have a professional; opinion on painted nails? 

He said a podiatry clinic, not Ruby’s House of Nails lol. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

He said a podiatry clinic, not Ruby’s House of Nails lol. 

Walmart didn't become the Walmart we know today by sticking to selling cameras and toothpaste. They branched out. lol

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Walmart didn't become the Walmart we know today by sticking to selling cameras and toothpaste. They branched out. lol

Why did you pick cameras and toothpaste as your example?  What an odd combination.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Why did you pick cameras and toothpaste as your example?  What an odd combination.

I did a report on Sam Walton a long time ago. I remembered a few of the things they started out selling and just put them.

Stop judging me. Haha

• Like 2

15 hours ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Do you have a professional; opinion on painted nails? 

My professional opinion is that his painted nails are going to cost us at least 18 games per 17 game season, but also somehow prevent us from drafting #1 overall next year despite us going 0-18, and that this is the single largest scandal since the White Sox threw the world series.  Also to blend in with the rest of the internet meatheads, I will point out that Caleb's painted nails are also the only reason Justin Fields didn't throw for 6,000 yards last year.... and look, that's just science.

My real take on his eccentricities everyone is so uppity about is that I'm not sure I could care any less than I already do.... Rodman was way more "out there" than Caleb has shown himself to be, and no one cared then..... Winning makes all those concerns go away, and the fans are so fickle that TBH if we where winning super bowls, and beating Green Bay twice a year, I'm pretty sure the city wouldn't care if he was an actual serial killer. 

Edited by Epyon
  • Like 2

Joe Alt gives me Joe Thomas vibes for some reason.

I can't honestly say I studied him beyond a handful of reps.  His story and background and measurables just scream future great player to me. 

• Like 1

As of today I feel pretty good about a wide variety of moves at 9.

Odunze - looks like a bigger DJ Moore to me.  Okay, I'll take two please.  

Alt - First great left tackle for Bears in an age - as potential to be one of best LTs in league in time - (I think he may struggle as a rookie - from reps I have watched - but his future looks crazy bright).

Verse - this guy was pretty highly rated last year.  Prototypical 4-3 DE.   Doesn't seem special by any means, but even a good DE is worth a ton.

Trade down - for a good return in a deep WR class?   Gives us a good interior OL or DL plus a good WR or maybe draft 2 WRs for two bites at apple?   Sign me up.   

• Like 1

Since I lack time to scout much this year.  Help me out. 

I want info on Dallas Turner.  A lot of people mocking him to Bears.  

Amazing athlete by numbers.  That is exciting.  More athletic than his teammate from last year that went to Texans very early.  Name is escaping me at moment.  

But so was guy Philly drafted … what was his name - Nolan Smith .. and he has been invisible to date.

I saw an interview where Wanstead doubts his physicality.  He is a run around guy he indicates.     

My question is he a stand up 3-4 DE only?
Or can he be a physical hand in dirt 4-3 end? 

27 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Since I lack time to scout much this year.  Help me out. 

I want info on Dallas Turner.  A lot of people mocking him to Bears.  

Amazing athlete by numbers.  That is exciting.  More athletic than his teammate from last year that went to Texans very early.  Name is escaping me at moment.  

But so was guy Philly drafted … what was his name - Nolan Smith .. and he has been invisible to date.

I saw an interview where Wanstead doubts his physicality.  He is a run around guy he indicates.     

My question is he a stand up 3-4 DE only?
Or can he be a physical hand in dirt 4-3 end? 

Will Anderson is the guy from HOU. Turner is a better athlete but much less refined as a football player IMO.

Turner seems better suited for a 3-4 to me, but that doesn’t mean he can’t thrive as a 4-3 DE. He’s the most boom-or-bust for me amongst the top 3 edge rushers (he, Verse and Latu) though as far as Bears fits go.

• Like 1

Turner is for sure an amazing athlete, but he's a guy in the run game you can get after a little bit by running at him - he's not the most physical. with what we want our DEs to do, i would go Verse > Latu > Turner. If he's there at 9 and someone wants to come up for him and we can move back a little bit, i'd do it

• Like 1

LOL this one. 

My Draft Picks
1.NFL-team-logo
Caleb WilliamsQB USC
19.NFL-team-logo
Dallas TurnerEDGE Alabama
trade-icon
42.NFL-team-logo
Byron Murphy IIDT Texas
trade-icon
75.NFL-team-logo