DLL Chicago Bears Big Board 2024

dll2000

11 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I watched Murphy.  He is good.  But not top 10 good.  I would grade him as a 2nd rounder.   

He is scrappy.  But not dominant.  He reminds me a bit of Chris Zorich in college.   I think younger people don’t know Zorich was an all-American at ND and highly thought of.     But he was an undersized hustler.   A lot like Murphy.   

Murphy seems to have all the tools to be a really strong 3T, but he didn’t actually play 3T at Texas so all of it is a projection. By comparison, Newton was dominant at the position in college and also has all the tools of a cover 2 3T, but you have to have at least some concern about the foot issue.

I like both, but I don’t like either before about pick 15. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Murphy seems to have all the tools to be a really strong 3T, but he didn’t actually play 3T at Texas so all of it is a projection. By comparison, Newton was dominant at the position in college and also has all the tools of a cover 2 3T, but you have to have at least some concern about the foot issue.

I like both, but I don’t like either before about pick 15. 

I haven’t gotten to Newton yet.  Saw some but not enough to make an opinion.  

5 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I watched Xavier Worthy.  He is better than I thought.  If he can hold up physically he is going to be a large asset for someone.

I'm a fan of his. His speed is really a problem for defenses. Depending on if we traded down and how far I wouldn't be mad if we drafted him. He had a visit with us too a month ago. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

I'm a fan of his. His speed is really a problem for defenses. Depending on if we traded down and how far I wouldn't be mad if we drafted him. He had a visit with us too a month ago. 

I would love to have him.  In many drafts I would be good with him at 9.  

Assuming Nabers, MH and Alt are gone. 

Right now I would be happy with Odunze or Verse or trade down at 9.  

I would be disappointed with Dallas or Murphy at 9.  

I would be intrigued by Bowers at 9.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Assuming Nabers, MH and Alt are gone. 

Right now I would be happy with Odunze or Verse or trade down at 9.  

I would be disappointed with Dallas or Murphy at 9.  

I would be intrigued by Bowers at 9.  

I personally have Bowers behind Odunze (though really close), but if he’s essentially your WR3 in 11 personnel I’m cool with that. If you do that though, I think you’re expecting he’s 2012-2016 Greg Olsen as a receiver. That’s a pretty lofty expectation. 

1 hour ago, CBears019 said:

If the big 3 WRs and Alt are off the board at 9, then I’m probably supporting a modest trade down targeting one of verse, bowers, one of the DTs, or Fashanu.  

Yes, but easy to just say trade down.  Hard to do on demand and in short time.

Just now, AZBearsFan said:

I personally have Bowers behind Odunze (though really close), but if he’s essentially your WR3 in 11 personnel I’m cool with that. If you do that though, I think you’re expecting he’s 2012-2016 Greg Olsen as a receiver. That’s a pretty lofty expectation. 

I think its fair though.  Bowers is one of greatest collegiate TEs ever.

So many people saying Murphy is the man.  Brugler, Hoge, like 4 other draft guys on Twitter.  

I am just not seeing a star player at NFL level based on games I watched.  If we take him, I hope I am wrong.

18 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I am just not seeing a star player at NFL level based on games I watched.  If we take him, I hope I am wrong.

It was already said on here, but its because he was mostly playing out of position at Texas, and its a whole lot of projection

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

So many people saying Murphy is the man.  Brugler, Hoge, like 4 other draft guys on Twitter.  

I think Murphy could be worth the 9th overall pick...I think he is right there with Verse & Turner as the best defender in this class and playing in this scheme at UT would be far better for him that what he was asked to do in college...

That said I think if Murphy is the best player on the board at #9 then one of the four QBs are still on the board and at that point I think we would need to look to move back...potentially we could move back to #12 or #13 and still get Murphy/Verse...I also wonder how much work we have done on the like of Thomas or Worthy because I would also have no issue with trading down a good bit further and then taking one of those other WRs who could add real speed on the outside...again everything should be able helping Caleb first then build out from there and if you can pick up more picks to help the defence later in the draft and still get Caleb a talented #3 receiver then that would make sense...

Still wish one of the top 3 receivers gets to #3 because these guys are proper game changers.