Saints T Ryan Ramczyk may miss season due to knee injury

RaidersAreOne

39 minutes ago, Raves said:

IHonestly the biggest weakness of the team is by far a consistent and even average OL play.  Spend both picks on OL and hopefully be able to get the OL mostly figured out for the long term.

The amount of praise Saints fans were singing about their OL this time last year after signing Carr to that big contract... So much hype and saying how much better it was going to be in NO vs. the ones he had in Vegas.

How quickly things change.

19 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

The amount of praise Saints fans were singing about their OL this time last year after signing Carr to that big contract... So much hype and saying how much better it was going to be in NO vs. the ones he had in Vegas.

How quickly things change.

At the time, the OL was expected to play well.  Then injuries limited how well some played while also making OL have little to no consistency in who was playing where.

On 3/26/2024 at 8:40 AM, RuskieTitan said:

What's going on with the knee? Is it career impacting or just suffering setbacks for this season?

Potential career ending. I think I remember reading that it is a degenerative condition in the knee. It's not responding to any of the treatments, and playing on it moving forward could result in longterm disability. 

Maybe they can slide Penning inside to G, because so far he hasn't shown he's an NFL tackle. I think the pick at 14 has to be an OT. 

4 hours ago, SWATcha said:

Maybe they can slide Penning inside to G, because so far he hasn't shown he's an NFL tackle. I think the pick at 14 has to be an OT. 

Given this situation and OL class it would be criminal of the Saints not to at this point. 

I feel like this was kind of...expected?  At least, i seemed to get the impression most fans and followers of the team were already kind of treating his return like a "bonus" if it happened, but not something to be relied upon.

So i doubt this really changes a lot.  OT seems like a pretty likely 1st round pick for them.  They're also in a pretty decent range to grab their preference of the likely "next tier" outside the more bluechip guys.  Fautanu/Mims/Guyton/Latham/Morgan types.