Saints T Ryan Ramczyk may miss season due to knee injury

RaidersAreOne

I think it’s safe to say one of our first 2 draft picks will be OL.

Would be a hell of a smokescreen though to hide intentions of pursuing a guy like Brock Bowers in the draft 

Edited by tyler735
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RuskieTitan said:

What's going on with the knee? Is it career impacting or just suffering setbacks for this season?

Career impacting… he’s not been the same sine hurting his knee in 2021

dont know if it’s he same knee but between that and his hip injury that supposedly only hindered him one week after his week off, his lower body is not well 

Edited by Dome
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, tyler735 said:

Would be a hell of a smokescreen though to hide intentions of pursuing a guy like Brock Bowers in the draft 

I have bad news for you.

2 hours ago, tyler735 said:

I've been on the, take OL in both the 1st and 2nd rounds.  Penning could still turn it around but probably not, Saldiveri played less than 40 snaps before going on the IR last year, Oli Udoh brings starting experience but he was still signed for cheap for a reason, James Hurst isn't much to write home about, and Landon Young has played a little but isn't an answer yet either.

Honestly the biggest weakness of the team is by far a consistent and even average OL play.  Spend both picks on OL and hopefully be able to get the OL mostly figured out for the long term.

54 minutes ago, Duluther said:

I have bad news for you.

There is little reason to announce something like this ahead of the draft. Even if the Ryan reports are accurate and he doesn’t play, it diverts attention towards the Saints being “more likely” to draft an OL. Making a team like the Jets less likely to be concerned about potentially getting traded ahead of at pick 9 by the Saints as the thought would likely be that it’s for their top guy at OL not Brock Bowers. Hence the potential smokescreen. 

With Andrus Peat being on the market for as long as he has, I have to wonder if they have a deal in place with him to bring him back after the draft. He has been solid enough as a bridge LT for us and we could easily try to grab a RT with another pick in the draft. We still have about $10 million in cap space to bring in a couple OL this offseason.

12 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

There is little reason to announce something like this ahead of the draft. Even if the Ryan reports are accurate and he doesn’t play, it diverts attention towards the Saints being “more likely” to draft an OL. Making a team like the Jets less likely to be concerned about potentially getting traded ahead of at pick 9 by the Saints as the thought would likely be that it’s for their top guy at OL not Brock Bowers. Hence the potential smokescreen. 

With Andrus Peat being on the market for as long as he has, I have to wonder if they have a deal in place with him to bring him back after the draft. He has been solid enough as a bridge LT for us and we could easily try to grab a RT with another pick in the draft. We still have about $10 million in cap space to bring in a couple OL this offseason.

6f46018cba280f9d00176726fec6585e.jpg

3 minutes ago, Duluther said:

6f46018cba280f9d00176726fec6585e.jpg

Good rebuttal. As always your discussion on here brings little to nothing worth reading for anyone.

Then again I should know anyone that puts the cesspool that is Duluth,MN as part of their username is truly a clown.

Edited by tyler735