2024 MLB Gameday Thread

Thelonebillsfan

8 hours ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Grady Sizemore intentionally walks Soto to put 2 men on for Judge. What do you think happens?

I don't think he's going to last very long

Moresize is just a placeholder.  It’s a bad team, and speaking from experience as an Orioles fan, the team will not get better until Reinsdorf is not the owner.  Similar to the Orioles under Peter Angelos, it seems that Reinsdorf is letting people work in there who are friends or part of the old “White Sox Way” instead of baseball people who are actually qualified.  

Once John Angelos took over and let Mike Elias have the reigns, we all have seen what’s happened.  That’s how the White Sox will get better.  

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Grayson Rodriguez

Kyle Bradish 

Zach Eflin 

John Means 

Tyler Wells 

Potential top 5 rotation in the sport all on the IL, including last year’s #1 and #2 playoff starters.  This season is turning into a disaster.  

That's a problem with the whole sport, unfortunately.

8 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I know, and if the six inning rule passes, it will get worse.  

The thought behind that rule is that it'll force pitchers to not go all out, knowing that they have to have enough in the tank to last 6 innings. Not go all out = Less numb elbows and shoulders? Idk.

1 minute ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

The thought behind that rule is that it'll force pitchers to not go all out, knowing that they have to have enough in the tank to last 6 innings. Not go all out = Less numb elbows and shoulders? Idk.

But I am just not sure the teams will see it that way.  

I’ve said it numerous times, take a look at Greinke, Kershaw and Aroldis Chapman, those guys never had TJ and you have the gamut of pitchers who have succeeded at multiple ages, and I think Aroldis even now is adding velocity.  

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

But I am just not sure the teams will see it that way.  

I’ve said it numerous times, take a look at Greinke, Kershaw and Aroldis Chapman, those guys never had TJ and you have the gamut of pitchers who have succeeded at multiple ages, and I think Aroldis even now is adding velocity.  

Spin and velocity increases obviously have a lot to do with elbow and shoulder injuries. Some guys are just lucky freaks.