Bills Trade Stefon Diggs to Houston

DER10N92

20 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

hey, from one Diggs victimized survivor to another (haha), you got what you could out of him and then moved on.

sounds very familiar.

So it’s our turn now to draft the leagues best WR right?!

18 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

So it’s our turn now to draft the leagues best WR right?!

i think when we drafted Jefferson he was the 5th WR taken that year, so that sounds about right for you guys, yes.

feel free to trade up into the top 5 or 6 picks this year though, and push a QB or two down toward us. lol

• Like 1

I believe this will setup for one of two things to happen, and this may just be obvious:

1.) The Texans (Vikings) 2025 2nd will be packaged to acquire someone like JJ or Higgins. He will be extended and we still draft a WR in the 1st this season giving a solid 1-2 at WR for the next 5 years minimum.

2.) We use our picks and make a major move way up the draft (top 5) to take one of the top WR.

I personally am kind of leaning towards the first option. 

10 minutes ago, DER10N92 said:

I believe this will setup for one of two things to happen, and this may just be obvious:

1.) The Texans (Vikings) 2025 2nd will be packaged to acquire someone like JJ or Higgins. He will be extended and we still draft a WR in the 1st this season giving a solid 1-2 at WR for the next 5 years minimum.

he'll be costly by then. like $33 mil a year with a LOT guaranteed. for what that's worth...

15 minutes ago, DER10N92 said:

2.) We use our picks and make a major move way up the draft (top 5) to take one of the top WR.

I personally am kind of leaning towards the first option. 

I think Beane goes younger and cheaper route at WR right now. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

i agree.

i also think everyone will look back on this move by the Bills in the not too distant future, and agree it was necessary and beneficial.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I agree. This has to be the approach. I am also against trading up to the top 5-10 for a WR. This WR draft class is too deep to give up picks. We might have to take a step back this year, but we should have a lot of picks next year and our cap situation should be much better. Draft two WR in the first 4 rounds this year and add a quality WR next year in free agency. We should be getting some comp picks next year too. The hardest part for me about this trade isn’t the compensation as much as it is we have to eat so much of his cap and lost a pick this year. In 2024 we traded Diggs and a 6th pick for nothing and we have to eat 31 million.  That’s brutal.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Billsfaninptown said:

I agree. This has to be the approach. I am also against trading up to the top 5-10 for a WR. This WR draft class is too deep to give up picks. We might have to take a step back this year, but we should have a lot of picks next year and our cap situation should be much better. Draft two WR in the first 4 rounds this year and add a quality WR next year in free agency. We should be getting some comp picks next year too. The hardest part for me about this trade isn’t the compensation as much as it is we have to eat so much of his cap and lost a pick this year. In 2024 we traded Diggs and a 6th pick for nothing and we have to eat 31 million.  That’s brutal.

I think it speaks volumes about wanting him out of the building. 

Pay him 27 million on a retooling team and he may be a distraction 

or

ship him away for a pick next year and add another 3.2 million to your books to not have him on the roster.

Wild.

I also think there is a good chance the Bills trade up. Next years first and this years first gets them to around pick 10-12. If they identify one of those top 3 guys as a bona fide day 1 WR1 then I can see them pull the trigger.