Bills Trade Stefon Diggs to Houston

DER10N92

It was time, Josh bears a lot of responsibility himself for the relationship collapsing, a bunch of stuff happened, nobody looks good here. But it was time. And a 2nd round pick for a guy with one or two good years left is a good trade.

Move up to 8 now.

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

So the Texans reworked Diggs deal and he'll now be a free agent after the season. 

So getting a 2nd round pick looks even better now. 

2nd round pick for a guy on a one year rental? I’ll take it. Probably wants to go play with his brother to finish his career after this season. 

19 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

It was time, Josh bears a lot of responsibility himself for the relationship collapsing, a bunch of stuff happened, nobody looks good here. But it was time. And a 2nd round pick for a guy with one or two good years left is a good trade.

Move up to 8 now.

I'm interested in reading your theory on the bolded. I don't think anyone looks all that bad. I believe the media and social media warriors like to throw around hot takes, but they lack substance. Honestly, my theory is Allen and Diggs are fine. I'm not sure Diggs has any problems with his teammates. Imo, I believe his issue is way more OC related.

In the playoff game where we see Diggs going off on the sideline two years ago- it was rumored his beef was with Dorsey's play calling. Then, Dorsey gets fired, and Brady comes in with an entirely different mindset. It was more ground and pound, and spread the ball around. It was a way more effective game plan. It limited Allen's mistakes, and allowed Buffalo to control the clock, which almost won them the game against a healthy Chiefs team while we were decimated with injuries on defense.

My theory is, Diggs didn't like that at all. He's an alpha receiver. Has been since his Minnesota days. According to Josh Norman last year, Diggs was healthy and pulling himself off the field a lot. It appears he was checked out.

It's eerily similar as to why he wanted out of Minnesota. The media tried to fan the fire saying it was a beef between him and teammates, but by all accounts, that I've read- he and his teammates had love for each other. He had beef with the coaching and given how he sat out the first practice last year + had a heart to heart with McD- I believe he was close to the tipping point already last season.

No one knows for sure, but Buffalo will be fine. Anyone remember the season we had to pick up John Brown and Beasley off the street to fill in our WR spots because we had no slot guy and Davis was stupidly inconsistent? Our O line was mediocre as hell, too. I may be wrong, but that's the year we went 13-4.

Buffalo is still the favorites to win the division, there'll be a whole lot of hot takes when they sputter a bit in the middle of the season, but they'll likely get their **** together by December like they always do, and have home playoff games. Beane also has a good amount of draft capital to spend at the TDL. Last year he killed it by obtaining Douglas. I can see a similar move being made to fill a hole. 

I can't wait to see what Brady is coming up with. His vision for the offense will be about sustained success. Not relying on Allen to do everything himself, and I believe Allen will be better because of it, which is scary! 

Edited by WizeGuy

1 hour ago, WizeGuy said:

My theory is, Diggs didn't like that at all. He's an alpha receiver. Has been since his Minnesota days. According to Josh Norman last year, Diggs was healthy and pulling himself off the field a lot. It appears he was checked out.

I had seen these comments from Norman last night as well.

I remember a part of last season when the media was asking McDermott about Diggs not being on the field as much. Looks like it was Diggs self inflicted. 

I only saw it mentioned once, but perhaps we traded for a 2025 pick because when we released Tre White, we designated it as a post June 1st cut.

Which means once June rolls around, we get around $10 mil in cap free. Maybe a potential trade for WR, an Aiyuk, Deebo, etc where they would take $10 mil this year but an extension would be backloaded.