49ers sign Former Ravens CB Rock Ya-Sin

Would not shock me if the 49ers traded Ambry Thomas to the Commanders.

If i recall Ya-Sin was a healthy scratch at the end of the season for the Ravens. He was a good covrage guy with the Raiders who doesn't produce turnovers. 

Edited by 49erurtaza

16 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Would not shock me if the 49ers traded Ambry Thomas to the Commanders.

This would make a lot of sense, but I think Peters probably knows that Thomas is getting cut. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, WhyAmIHere said:

They don't want to reach for anyone in the draft due to need.  Makes sense. 

Yeah, they want to be as flexible as possible in the draft, or they want to trade up.

Also, I think it is most likely that we trade up in the 2nd round. I bet we stay at 31, or trade down 3-4 spots, then trade up from 63. In this scenario, I bet we pass on RT, then move up for one that falls in r2. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, N4L said:

Yeah, they want to be as flexible as possible in the draft, or they want to trade up.

Also, I think it is most likely that we trade up in the 2nd round. I bet we stay at 31, or trade down 3-4 spots, then trade up from 63. In this scenario, I bet we pass on RT, then move up for one that falls in r2. 

exactly what i was thinking.  would be very very tough to pull off on draft day though. 

On 4/11/2024 at 2:06 PM, WhyAmIHere said:

exactly what i was thinking.  would be very very tough to pull off on draft day though. 

TBH, I didn't know if I was going to like the three day draft format at first.  It seemed like the NFL was just trying to sell us more stuffs.  

I didn't take into account the trades and conversations that GM'S have with one another about the second and third round trades.  It's gives the team time to consult everyone about what they think, and drill possible/likely scenarios.  I always imagine a trade up of ten spots or less is in play at all times, just in case a dude free falls that the team really likes.  Fuaga falling to 23 is a possible (but highly unlikely) example.  Aiyuk and Ruben Foster are two examples. 

Anyhow, I really like Ya-Sin coming out of college, and he may be one of those low key Gipson type signings that nobody pays attention to. The type that quietly gets really healthy, then shows up to camp like he has been on the team forever. 

Edited by Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420
  • Like 2

On 4/11/2024 at 4:30 PM, 757-NINER said:

Seems like a vet you carry on the PS just in case.

Looks more like a depth signing & nothing more.

Not really, his deal is nearly fully GTD, his base salary is $1.125M, but only $985K counts, but all is GTD at signing, he looks like a lock to make the team, along with Ward, Lenoir, & Yiadom IMO.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 49erscap said:

Not really, his deal is nearly fully GTD, his base salary is $1.125M, but only $985K counts, but all is GTD at signing, he looks like a lock to make the team, along with Ward, Lenoir, & Yiadom IMO.

Yiadom's lack of foot speed scares me.  I am not sure how he would fit into the inside nickel role.  

1 hour ago, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

Yiadom's lack of foot speed scares me.  I am not sure how he would fit into the inside nickel role.  

Yiadom's not going to be a slot CB, that will be Lenoir's job IMO, Yiadom likely starts opposite Ward, with Ya-Sin as the 4th CB.

18 hours ago, 49erscap said:

Yiadom's not going to be a slot CB, that will be Lenoir's job IMO, Yiadom likely starts opposite Ward, with Ya-Sin as the 4th CB.

I like Yiadom's ball skills, but man his feet are just so not that good.

The second play he get's toasted by 18 for GB, and he just seems slow to recover.

At the 2 minute mark he gets hands on a Carolina slot receiver while playing inside.  He is really good in press, and really good when the ball is in the air, but the times in between can be rough.

At the 3:17 mark of the highlight video it shows what I worry about the most with Yiadom, losing the leverage and getting left in the dust.  

At the 3:09 mark we see him do something we expect our guys to do.  The pass probably should have been completed, but he played the ball well and kept his depth.