Team AFC vs Team NFC

Hunter2_1

Who would win?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. AFC vs NFC (neutral ground)

• AFC
    • NFC

Few things here.

First is where us Tyreek Hill... He is way better than Smith and Hurns.

Second Kelvin Benjamin should be on there. He is better as well... He just doesn't have a QB that throws the balls to WRs. And a group of Hill, Cooks, and Brown could really use a guy on the outside who can go up and get it.

Lastly how is Bradley the DC? I assume you are talking about Gus Bradley. He is on the chargers and they are currently 2 spots out of the playoffs

5 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

Few things here.

First is where us Tyreek Hill... He is way better than Smith and Hurns.

Second Kelvin Benjamin should be on there. He is better as well... He just doesn't have a QB that throws the balls to WRs. And a group of Hill, Cooks, and Brown could really use a guy on the outside who can go up and get it.

Lastly how is Bradley the DC? I assume you are talking about Gus Bradley. He is on the chargers and they are currently 2 spots out of the playoffs

How did I know you'd be in here doing that. That's MY version of how the teams would look, feel free to add your own, but the thread's purpose isn't about nit picking others teams. Who would win if the best players were selected? 

PS Kelvin Benj is terrible. 

20 minutes ago, RedRider said:

AFC has such a lead on offense, it's actually a bit embarrassing. I like the NFC's defense, but that offense - run by Bill and Haley - will be too much to overcome.

I thought AFC would have the better D, because it's practically loaded with Jags.

25 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

How did I know you'd be in here doing that. That's MY version of how the teams would look, feel free to add your own, but the thread's purpose isn't about nit picking others teams. Who would win if the best players were selected? 

PS Kelvin Benj is terrible. 

Just have no idea how Hill isn't on the team. That's not just nit picking that is a travesty...

And you still didn't fix Bradley... He is not in the playoffs currently. So I can't pick a team until you use players from playoffs teams like you said in the OP. I feel if I voted for AFC then that would be cheating since Bradley doesn't have the minimum requirements stated by you

19 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

Just have no idea how Hill isn't on the team. That's not just nit picking that is a travesty...

And you still didn't fix Bradley... He is not in the playoffs currently. So I can't pick a team until you use players from playoffs teams like you said in the OP. I feel if I voted for AFC then that would be cheating since Bradley doesn't have the minimum requirements stated by you

I meant Wash. Got confused with the baldies.

Who would win?

Where's Michael Thomas on the list at WR?  Definitely better than Agholar and a favorite of Brees.  In that same vein I would look to put Jimmy Graham back on the list to reunite the pair that were arguably tied for the best QB/TE duo with Brady/Gronk for years, unless you don't think Seattle makes the playoffs, which is probably why I don't see Earl Thomas on the list also...

I think for the WRs for the NFC it would be best as Julio/Michael Thomas/Diggs/Theilan as Brees would be able to really take advantage of the combination of smart safe receiving options and great deep threats.  I would probably put the RBs as Gurley/Ingram and create a Flex position for Kamara/McCaffery as both can easily line-up at WR or in the backfield.  Could you imagine package of Gurley/Kamara/McCaffery/Julio/Mike Thomas?  How do you cover that?

1 hour ago, Raves said:

Where's Michael Thomas on the list at WR?  Definitely better than Agholar and a favorite of Brees.  In that same vein I would look to put Jimmy Graham back on the list to reunite the pair that were arguably tied for the best QB/TE duo with Brady/Gronk for years, unless you don't think Seattle makes the playoffs, which is probably why I don't see Earl Thomas on the list also...

I think for the WRs for the NFC it would be best as Julio/Michael Thomas/Diggs/Theilan as Brees would be able to really take advantage of the combination of smart safe receiving options and great deep threats.  I would probably put the RBs as Gurley/Ingram and create a Flex position for Kamara/McCaffery as both can easily line-up at WR or in the backfield.  Could you imagine package of Gurley/Kamara/McCaffery/Julio/Mike Thomas?  How do you cover that?

OK, this really wasn't the point of the thread, so I've deleted my team. Think about who'd represent the teams, then go about answering? 

Personally, I think the AFC would win handily 

3 minutes ago, DistantRam said:

The NFC has far greater depth. Given a 53-man squad- and no bias from the officials- I’d fancy the NFC’s defence to shut down the AFC offence quite easily. 

Depth without a doubt. I think Jags have the best Front 7, but being able to call on players from MIN/PHI/LAR would be hard to overcome

2 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Depth without a doubt. I think Jags have the best Front 7, but being able to call on players from MIN/PHI/LAR would be hard to overcome

You’d also have to factor in Special Teams. I don’t mean to sound like a “homer” but the Rams’ special teams alone give the NFC a massive edge. Hekker + Zuerlein + Cooper > anything the AFC can muster. 

3 hours ago, DistantRam said:

You’d also have to factor in Special Teams. I don’t mean to sound like a “homer” but the Rams’ special teams alone give the NFC a massive edge. Hekker + Zuerlein + Cooper > anything the AFC can muster. 

Kickers yes, but the Pats ST have punt blocks for TDs, FG blocks, forced muffs, the best starting position per drive in the league plus a HC who's obsessed with ST. Think it's close there.

NFC-

QB: Drew Brees
RB: Todd Gurley
RB: Alvin Kamara
TE: Zach Ertz
TE: Kyle Rudolph
WR: Julio Jones
WR: Larry Fitzgerald
WR: Adam Thielen 
LT: ?Jason Peters?
LG: ?
C: Jason Kelce
RG: ?
RT: Lane Johnson

Yeah as a whole, AFC would have an edge on offense.

Team NFC would use Mike Zimmer's defense i would think. Could put most of the Vikes defense on that team and be set.

RE Everson Griffen

UT Aaron Donald

NT Linval Joseph 

LE Cameron Jordan

OLB Anthony Barr

MLB Luke Kuechly

CB Xavier Rhodes,

S Harrison Smith

Need another OLB, CB and S.

Archived