2024 NFL Draft Day 3 Discussion Thread

18 minutes ago, BigTimeRedskins said:

That's a good point. With the new KR rules in place, a good kick returner would be nice. Where's Brandon Banks when you need him?

I still have his jersey in my closet somewhere 😂

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BigTimeRedskins said:

I read that he had the 6th most missed tackles in all of college football last year so I hope Quinn and Whitt can teach him to learn how to wrap up.

I have faith in this coaching staff. He don’t learn he won’t see the field. He’ll learn. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

For me Christian Jones didn’t look that good at the Senior Bowl Practices

You are right there I was kinda surprised he struggled there but he did have good tape but it could be something he was dealing with

• Like 2

I’ve been a Washington fan for 40+ years and this draft class has the most athletic players I have ever seen us take. Our team over the years has NEVER been that athletic but it seems with the new FO, they want to change that. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Awesome 

This is important to read, because he cannot be used as a post safety in the way they used him at Washington.

Just too undisciplined, he’s constantly over-committing to something, just doesn’t have the ability to be your last line of defense. He has some absolutely goofy plays where he’s coming up and missing terribly on tackles or attempted INTs.

But in a smaller space, they could let his skillset shine a bit more. He’s aggressive and physical, and he’s an explosive mover. Sort of reminds of Jeremy Chinn, I’m assuming that’s the role they’re envisioning him in. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, e16bball said:

This is important to read, because he cannot be used as a post safety in the way they used him at Washington.

Just too undisciplined, he’s constantly over-committing to something, just doesn’t have the ability to be your last line of defense. He has some absolutely goofy plays where he’s coming up and missing terribly on tackles or attempted INTs.

But in a smaller space, they could let his skillset shine a bit more. He’s aggressive and physical, and he’s an explosive mover. Sort of reminds of Jeremy Chinn, I’m assuming that’s the role they’re envisioning him in. 

Yep and as a young player he’ll be a special team guy. It seems several of these day 3 picks will be good special teams guys.

Just now, BigTimeRedskins said:

Did the Patriots really need a backup QB? Brissett is a more than capable backup, unlike Mariota.

Maybe trying to channel that Brady/New England/6th round flier QB magic. 

Although, if I thought for a long time, I'm not sure I could think of too many QB prospects that remind me less of Tom Brady than Joe Milton.

• Like 2