The Official 2024 Raider Draft Day Thread

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Yeah ideally we bring in a WR/RB with speed 

I am damn happy with this class. I don't hate or question a single pick for the first time... maybe ever? TT has proven this weekend he can find good value imo.

I trust him to make some nice picks to finish today.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Could be a number of things. We did need more spacing to decrease the bracket coverage DA gets. Bowers will cause more attention on offense. 

I also wouldn’t rule out Tom Brady. A TE weapon and two OL are the 1st picks 👀

That was a report this morning that Brady’s not coming back. If he does he’s 47 years old. 

1 minute ago, Tank4Drake said:

Great class so far. The only person I can see with the possibility of busting completely is Glaze (not saying he will). Everyone else should absolutely contribute, and contribute strong in year one. 

It’s one of those things where the only thing that justifies the pick us up at some point he wins the job. If Mumford wins the job or glaze ends up starting at guard it’s technically a wasted pick. 

all that being said there wasn’t anyone that I felt particularly strong about drafting there at third. I actually even mentioned going into the third round I don’t know who I would pick definitively and then it would be hard to pinpoint the best player available there

2 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

But the problem is NFL wants a soft league… players get punished for playing physical. I truly do think the NFL will be flag football 25 years from now. And I will no longer watch in that case. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

It’s one of those things where the only thing that justifies the pick us up at some point he wins the job. If Mumford wins the job or glaze ends up starting at guard it’s technically a wasted pick. 

all that being said there wasn’t anyone that I felt particularly strong about drafting there at third. I actually even mentioned going into the third round I don’t know who I would pick definitively and then it would be hard to pinpoint the best player available there

If Glaze ends up starting at Guard that should be considered a successful pick in the 3rd then, shouldn't it?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

The few Rattler homers on here… you know why he wasn’t picked in the 3rd/4th like you thought? Because to quote The Rock… he absolutely, 100% positively, sucks. 

I mean I wasn’t mad that he wasn’t perfect. I just thought he was an option especially on the third day. But I will say this: Pratt and Milton and potentially Travis (Depending on when he gets healthy), serve the same purpose that I was looking for: A third quarterback to come in be part of a competition and so we could at least say that the only person Aidan O’Connell had to compete with what someone that he has better arm talent than. That’s why I didn’t want Bo nix because the fact that they have comparable arm talent(Aidan O’Connell might actually have better arm talent lol) 

Just now, Tank4Drake said:

But the problem is NFL wants a soft league… players get punished for playing physical. I truly do think the NFL will be flag football 25 years from now. And I will no longer watch in that case. 

Same, at that point I'll no longer be a football fan. 

These players get paid way to much to become just flag football players.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OldManWillis said:

Same, at that point I'll no longer be a football fan. 

These players get paid way to much to become just flag football players.

Yep. The point of getting paid millions upon millions is the RISK factor, not the skill factor. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Gotta ask our resident osu expert @BobbyPhil1781 how he feels about Eichenberg

Kid is tough. Played through some big injuries. Two years ago, he was amazing but took a step back last season. He's going to hit you regardless whether you're the ball carrier or someone in his way. He loves the game and he'll give you everything he's got. Better in run support than coverage and that will be my biggest concern with him. Good value for where we drafted him. 

• Like 3