• Dude is a freaking monster
  • Has looked the part when playing
  • Elite athlete, something we've been sorely missing on the oline
  • Faced elite competition playing on national title teams

Cons

• Injury history
  • Limited collegiate reps 
  • Like 1

He was the guy I thought we were getting early on and I was always pretty content with that pick. Was a little surprised they didn't grab a corner with all the top options available, but I think this was the correct pick 

Mims, on what little tape there is, looked amazing.  I still think Arnold should have been the pick.  Mims will learn from Trent so maybe he’ll get the polishing he needs. 

I don’t have faith when it comes to Taylor’s draft picks. Outside of Burrow and Chase (can’t miss picks) we have not done well.  Missed with Williams and Hill.   Murphy has yet to impress but I guess we’ll see this year with no Trey. 

I wanted Mitchell, but I at least understand Mims and preferred Mims to Fautanu.  I just hope while both Browns' are healthy that we utilize Mims as an extra lineman in the Y TE spot.  Honestly, i'd get creative as well.  Line him up at FB/H and lead block as well.  History suggests that the odds of Trent Brown playing 17 regular season games are slim.

With Murphy off the board, I'm ecstatic with Mims.  His injury history is literally a high ankle sprain, and he chose tightrope surgery to get back quicker and try to help the team get the three-peat.  Hamstring pulls are a common side effect of tightrope surgery, so that is just tied to the original high ankle sprain.

Dude's got everything you could possibly want, except a ton of game experience.  But he literally spent three years stonewalling future first and second round picks in practice.  He has time to learn behind two seasoned vets.  And whoever they brought in to be passing game coordinator also has an extensive OL coaching background, so there are multiple guys working with him.

• Like 1

Given the way the board fell, I'd have taken Quinyon Mitchell at 18. But of the OTs, Mims was the one to take. He has a very high ceiling and won't need to be rushed into service as long as Trent Brown stays healthy.