Pick 51 - Steelers Select Zach Fraizer.

Excellent breakdown by Brandon Thorn on Frazier.

Zach Frazier NFL Draft 2024: Scouting Report for West Virginia IOL | News, Scores, Highlights, Stats, and Rumors | Bleacher Report

POSITIVES

— Stout, squatty build with the center of gravity, core and grip strength to capture, sustain and win leverage through contact. High-level wrestling background is evident on film.

— Proficient zone and gap run-blocker with a good feel to decipher post-snap movement, wall off and create alleys working combination blocks.

— Can generate power on demand to uproot defensive tackles and create a lane on base and angle-drive blocks.

— Quality puller with good power and enough quickness to intersect targets on the move to log, seal or kick-out defenders.

2 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I don't know if Frazier will ever be a top 5 C in the league, but if he can be 5-10, that's a good get. 

Not sure why he couldnt be top 5.

Obviously not saying he will, but he could. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I don't think he's quite that level of athlete. 

I think the hard part was he didn't test due to the broken leg.  That being said - this is sorta the nice thing about athletic OT's and OG's right? You don't need the center to do that as much.  Look at what KC does with Humphery vs Trey and Thune.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, warfelg said:

I think the hard part was he didn't test due to the broken leg.  That being said - this is sorta the nice thing about athletic OT's and OG's right? You don't need the center to do that as much.  Look at what KC does with Humphery vs Trey and Thune.

That's true. I'm spoiled from having grown up with Pouncey. I want athletic guards and a C lol