2024 Draft: Day #3, Rounds #3 to #7

We have what most consider the top two needs in hand. Both are very young and will need time to settle in but both reek of upside.

On day #3 there are a lot of depth issues to address. Almost every position but QB is on the table (isn't it nice to be able to ignore that position?). In particular, we have expiring contracts at LB, S, and WR in addition to depth issues at RB, IOL, TE, CB, DT, and DE. We can go BPA for the rest of the draft and hit some need. 

Edited by onejayhawk

• onejayhawk changed the title to 2024 Draft: Day #3, Rounds #3 to #7

We have two picks coming up. Some ideas

TE Cade Stover - Ohio State
CB Kris Abrams-Draine - Mizzou
WR Ainias Smith - Texas A&M
IOL Beaux Limmer - Arkansas
LB Jeremiah Trotter Jr. - Clemson
Edge Gabriel Murphy - UCLA

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, KC_Guy said:

My guess for the 4th round: IOL and CB

There are a bunch of possible CB. Kris Abrams-Draine was talked about in round #2 and the Chiefs know the Mizzou team. 

Stover is off the board. 

Wow. Three straight RB.

OT Christian Jones is still on the board.

Edited by onejayhawk

with the frame Hicks has (6'2". 210 lbs) I would not be surprised to see him as a LB/S hybrid assuming a bit of the role Willie Gay had before: the speedster close to the line to clean up things.

Edited by KC_Guy

I don't remember when we the lest time I was this hyped about a Chiefs pick than the Hicks one. 

I will say more tomorrow but I am stoked that we got him end of 4th. 

Like Wiley and Nourzad too. 

Now get Malik Washington and I'm all in 😁

Posted (edited)

I get you. Norzag just exudes attitude.

Here are the picks so far with CBS commentary.

1 - 28 Xavier Worthy WR, TEXAS
Height: 6-1, Weight: 172

He can flat out fly. He has had some issues with drops, but for a team that once had Tyreek Hill it makes a ton of sense to get this type of speed. How much will Patrick Mahomes love this guy? (Pete Prisco) A

2 - 63 Kingsley Suamataia OT, BYU
Height: 6-6, Weight: 325
Boom-or-burst prospect. 2022 was outstanding 2023 was not on film. Burst and especially lateral sliding ability are there. Has hard time locking onto EDGEs and securing them. Slips out of many blocks against the run. Hand work in pass pro can be outstanding at times. Raw but talented. NFL OT frame. Need filled. (Chris Trapasso) B
4 - 131 Jared Wiley TE, TCU 
Height: 6-7, Weight: 260
Older prospect at TE with the athletic chops to get open at all three levels and threaten the seam. Not a major YAC type. Not much of a blocker, needs to get stronger overall. More smooth than explosive. Large catch radius he showcases in traffic. (Chris Trapasso) B+
4 - 133 Jaden Hicks S, Wash St
Height: 6-3, Weight: 212
Large, intimidating safety who comes with the full skill set. Can cover tight ends. Deliver big hits over the middle. Make plays on the football with decent regularity. And he tackles well. Awesome addition to Chiefs secondary. Best closer to the line of scrimmage. My top safety in this class. (Chris Trapasso) A+
5 - 159 Hunter Nourzad IOL, PSU
Height: 6-3, Weight: 320
Former Cornell blocker who excelled in Big 10 after transfer to Penn State. Battler without freaky athleticism but wins with angles and leverage. Sometimes larger, longer DTs give him problems but he'll fight to the finish every play. Awareness is awesome. Can get stronger. Handwork is good. High-floor type. (Chris Trapasso) A-

6 - 211 Kamal Hadden CB, TENN
Height: 6-1, Weight: 197

Good-sized boundary CB with better on-field athleticism than his workout suggests. Mirrors well at all three levels but not a true burner when tested deep. Plus ball skills but have incomplete grade on his run-support ability because he played so much off coverage. Good, not great movement skill. (Chris Trapasso) B+

7 - 248 C.J. Hanson IOL, HOLY
Height: 6-6, Weight: 305

Athletic grappler who wins the angles battle often at the small-school level. Run-blocking extraordinaire. Doesn't have requisite length and has to get much stronger. Resets his hands with decent regularity. (Chris Trapasso) A

Edited by onejayhawk