Titans Draft LB Cedric Gray with pick 106

I also realize that tackle wasn't illegal in CFB or NFL last season, but those instinct things can be difficult to change. Like I said it is a little hard to sus between what is and isn't legal so these may all be borderline and not a penalty. 

I like him though, seems like the right guy to wear the green dot. 

31 minutes ago, TJM217 said:

No trolling at all. He's a 4th round pick for a reason. He's great in coverage and good blitz timing (great fit for the defense) but not a great block shedder and needs to work on tackling 

That’s why we draft Sweat to keep him clean, Ray Lewis wasn’t good at shedding blocks, that’s why he priorities Baltimore keep big guys in front of him to keep him free to run side lines to side lines. No I don’t think he’s f’n ray Lewis but I’m sure you get the point #trust the plan my boy 💪🏾💪🏾💪🏾

28 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I do like Gray, but he is a limited athlete.  Another high floor, kinda low ceiling guy imo, which does support my Ran Carthon theory imo.

Could this be also be the strategy for now because we have been put in such a hole by Jrob that we just need playable players. We cant afford to have guys that do not contribute right now.

1 minute ago, twotonebluenation said:

Could this be also be the strategy for now because we have been put in such a hole by Jrob that we just need playable players. We cant afford to have guys that do not contribute right now.

Could be.  And with Gray, I like it.  But with the other two, I feel like he overdrafted them.  I get going safe, but I think a better way is to have traded down for more picks, because that spreads the risk and allows you to hit more needs.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Could be.  And with Gray, I like it.  But with the other two, I feel like he overdrafted them.  I get going safe, but I think a better way is to have traded down for more picks, because that spreads the risk and allows you to hit more needs.

Could be reaching & over drafting could be sticking to his board. It happens we drafted CJ when he wasn’t even viewed as a 1st rd pick or a 3 down back. I remember we all wanted Desean Jackson & for the titans to finally get VY a weapon, & we all were wrong. I’m just saying we don’t know how high they rate prospects.  But to be honest we’re not going to fix the mess J Rob left us in, im 1 offseason. I honestly feel they’re trying to balance it out attacking both sides of the ball so we’ll at least be competitive