Detroit selects at #126: Giovanni Manu, OT British Columbia

General Tso

Giovanni Manu, OL, British Columbia: Manu is a massive human (6'7, 352 lbs) and athletic (ran a 4.96). He's in line for a big change in competition. He has the physical skills to compete and could be a monster on the OL. He was a Top 30 visit for the Lions. There's a great opportunity for Manu to develop under Hank Fraley and there is a potential spot for him when Zeitler moves on. 

I wasn't expecting him to be a 4th round pick but I did expect he'd wind up with us somehow. 

He has all of the physical tools to be a monster for us. 

1 minute ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Yikes, giving up a 2025 3rd.  This guy better be good. Holmes getting into that Eff them picks mentality. 

I think his expectation is that we're going to wind up with 3rd round comp picks when AG gets a HC job. 

With the improvement of talent on the defensive side, he'll probably be more of a true candidate. 

4 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I think his expectation is that we're going to wind up with 3rd round comp picks when AG gets a HC job. 

With the improvement of talent on the defensive side, he'll probably be more of a true candidate. 

Would we get that next year or is it delayed a year like regular comp picks? Also not smart to plan on multiple things happening this far in advance. 

Just now, Sllim Pickens said:

Would we get that next year or is it delayed a year like regular comp picks? Also not smart to plan on multiple things happening this far in advance. 

It would happen next year. You get 1 in 2025 and 1 in 2026.

Just now, Just Want A Title said:

I can drink a little bit of the blue koolaid with this pick.  You don't see a lot of players with his combination of size and movement skills.  He needs to be coached up but the upside is enormous.  

He is one who will likely take up a roster spot but be raw and not be able to get on the field much this year but if he develops into a starting OG or OT I like it. 

I’m not worried about the pick given up. Brad will go get picks. Also might get a comp from Jonah leaving. 

This is the developmental OT we discussed going into the draft. He’s massive and has huge upside. Put him with Penei, Decker and Ragnow and get him working!! 

3 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

I’m not worried about the pick given up. Brad will go get picks. Also might get a comp from Jonah leaving. 

This is the developmental OT we discussed going into the draft. He’s massive and has huge upside. Put him with Penei, Decker and Ragnow and get him working!! 

This is where Fraley earns his money

1 minute ago, Superduperman said:

Yeah we won't see anything from him for a while. Might very well be on the practice squad for a while

I doubt that, with his potential someone would ****** him if we tried to put him on the practice squad.

Seriously? You can't say snat**?

C'mon...

Edited by rob_shadows

8 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

We signed too many FAs for that

2 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

I doubt that, with his potential someone would ****** him if we tried to put him on the practice squad

If he's not ready to play at an NFL level, no one's going to grab him and give him a guaranteed roster spot. We'll see how close he is to being a player soon enough

Just now, Superduperman said:

If he's not ready to play at an NFL level, no one's going to grab him and give him a guaranteed roster spot. We'll see how close he is to being a player soon enough

Look what happened with Starling Thomas V and Trevor Nowaske.  This guy has way more upside.  I don't think the Lions are going to risk anyone getting him from the PS.