2025 NFL Draft Thread

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

I’m in like 2 group chats where people hate on the Sanders. It’s lame. I don’t think Sanders is Caleb good but he can be a great NFL QB. He would be a lot better than our current QBs. 

I don't hate him, but I think he's going to have a very rocky road ahead of him. 

He's not going to have the accolades backing up a high pick. His dad/coach is a huge mark. I don't know if I can see him being a great interview. And all of these things are going to be amplified if things go down the toilet for Colorado this year. 

I feel bad for the kid more than anything. His primadonna dad is his coach and defacto spokesman. He's in his ear. He's hyping everything up to the nth degree, and when none of it comes to pass, what next? 

Sanders should've never gone to Jackson St. He did because his dad was there. His profile was going to be limited there no matter what. Disservice numero uno. He should have transferred to a program with decent opportunities, not a full rebuild. He wasn't a freshman and Colorado was/is at least a 3-4 year rebuild, even without the NIL nonsense. No doubt he went because of his dad, and that was ultimately disservice numero dos. He's clearly overly attached/reliant on his dad, which is a no-go for me. Parents and NFL players are never a good mix. Every time I hear about it, I'm reminded of Kyler Murray's dad being the little guy's spokesman. Same with Manziel. Same with Tate Martell. Eli Apple and his mom. Lamar and his mom. So on, so forth. That's disservice numero tres, because Sanders is clearly talented enough to not need to be propped up by his old man. 

I wouldn't be opposed to taking Sanders. His skill set and ceiling? Shoot, I'd take it 1st overall. But the amount of baggage that he seems to carry around or is likely to follow? That's a circus just waiting to happen, because by the time you get his pops out of his ear and away from the mic....it'll probably be too late. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I don't hate him, but I think he's going to have a very rocky road ahead of him. 

He's not going to have the accolades backing up a high pick. His dad/coach is a huge mark. I don't know if I can see him being a great interview. And all of these things are going to be amplified if things go down the toilet for Colorado this year. 

I feel bad for the kid more than anything. His primadonna dad is his coach and defacto spokesman. He's in his ear. He's hyping everything up to the nth degree, and when none of it comes to pass, what next? 

Sanders should've never gone to Jackson St. He did because his dad was there. His profile was going to be limited there no matter what. Disservice numero uno. He should have transferred to a program with decent opportunities, not a full rebuild. He wasn't a freshman and Colorado was/is at least a 3-4 year rebuild, even without the NIL nonsense. No doubt he went because of his dad, and that was ultimately disservice numero dos. He's clearly overly attached/reliant on his dad, which is a no-go for me. Parents and NFL players are never a good mix. Every time I hear about it, I'm reminded of Kyler Murray's dad being the little guy's spokesman. Same with Manziel. Same with Tate Martell. Eli Apple and his mom. Lamar and his mom. So on, so forth. That's disservice numero tres, because Sanders is clearly talented enough to not need to be propped up by his old man. 

I wouldn't be opposed to taking Sanders. His skill set and ceiling? Shoot, I'd take it 1st overall. But the amount of baggage that he seems to carry around or is likely to follow? That's a circus just waiting to happen, because by the time you get his pops out of his ear and away from the mic....it'll probably be too late. 

Idk. I feel like ESPN always blow stuff up. They blow up little things for dumb people to talk about. I’m not a big fan of ESPN or other corporate media 

Edited by Humble_Beast

15 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Sanders is good. Don’t care what anyone says. Take the antics out of it. Kid is accurate and has touch. 

Being a leader of men is arguably the most important trait for a QB. Unfortunately that doesn't mean you go onto podcasts saying you'll force your way where you want to go, flame your teammates on social media, and stat pad while losing. I've never seen guys hype up a nail bitting win against a D2 school like this, lol.

12 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

I think he will be better behind an NFL offensive line. Hopefully a good one 

Everything Caleb got hated for last year is what Sanders actually is, primadonna, terrible teammate, career loser that stat pads against horrific competition. He will have the worst record for a QB ever to be considered as a FRP lol

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

Our biggest draft needs going into 2024 season 

1. QB - by far biggest need

2- DT - Young flopped. Wilson might be next 

3- CB - Bennett has a year to prove he belongs. 

How is DT a huge need? We have Wilkins, Jenkins, Butler and decent depth behind them, lol.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

How is DT a huge need? We have Wilkins, Jenkins, Butler and decent depth behind them, lol.

I'd have WR and LB over DT and CB for sure. 

Adams is old and no longer a guarantee for subsequent seasons. Meyers is OK in his role, but nothing waiting to blow up. The rest are slot guys. 

Our LBs aren't actually very good. They're decent for what they were- late round filler and UDFAs. But they tend to get abused over the season. 

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Jenkins is 35. He prolly breaks down this year, he’s a stop gap. Butler is a reserve. Idk about that new guy from the Colts. 

Wilkins in 2025, but the rest of the unit is not long term 

3 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Adams is old and no longer a guarantee for subsequent seasons. Meyers is OK in his role, but nothing waiting to blow up. The rest are slot guys. 

I was just told that Tre Tucker is an emerging star and even without Adams our WR group is goated. 

4 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I'd have WR and LB over DT and CB for sure. 

Our LBs aren't actually very good. They're decent for what they were- late round filler and UDFAs. But they tend to get abused over the season. 

I think TAE will ball until he’s 35. I think Deablo has a career year, and Spillane is a solid leader. I think Spillane gets a 2 year deal. Burney,Eichenberg Gainer promising too . We also run 4-2-5 sets 

7 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I’m in like 2 group chats where people hate on the Sanders. It’s lame. I don’t think Sanders is Caleb good but he can be a great NFL QB. He would be a lot better than our current QBs. 

Take away the Sanders name and he’s in running to be top QB taken in 2025

8 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Take away the Sanders name and he’s in running to be top QB taken in 2025

Take away his name and he ain’t viewed as a legit nfl prospect because no one would care about Colorado football. 

He’d fit well with AP though as a big name that’s all hype and 0 substance

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Take away his name and he ain’t viewed as a legit nfl prospect because no one would care about Colorado football. 

He’d fit well with AP though as a big name that’s all hype and 0 substance

Cool story bro

24 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Cool story bro

4-8 and barely sneaking past a D2 school, crown him.

What other 4-8 teams are getting nonstop media hype? None, because they’re not Deion Sanders kid lol

You just said Minshew was the next Rich Gannon why would we need sanders? 

Edited by NYRaider