2025 NFL Draft Thread

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

What do you guys think our biggest needs will be? 

Offense

QB / RB are huge holes

WR will be a huge hole if we move on from Adams

Could look to improve the OL

Defense

DE - Koonce is a FA and Tyree sucks

DT - Run defense has been atrocious / Butler and Jenkins are free agents

LB - Has been a huge need for years / Spillane and Deablo are free agents

CB - Hobbs is a FA

S - Likely losing Epps and Moehrig this offseason

basically nailed it, Jack Jones is a free agent too. I think Moehrig is a priority signing, and I would even franchise tag him If it came down to it. Hes really good, and hitting his prime. 

Just now, Humble_Beast said:

basically nailed it, Jack Jones is a free agent too. I think Moehrig is a priority signing, and I would even franchise tag him If it came down to it. Hes really good, and hitting his prime. 

Jones has one more year on his rookie deal. Moehrig has been cheeks this season. 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We are basically gonna have to rebuild the whole defense this offseason outside of a handful of spots

Core: Maxx, Wilkins, Moehrig, Jack Jones - bring both back 

Brought back : Spillane , Hobbs 

Needs: NT , DE, WLB, SS, overall depth  - Pola has a chance , maybe Taylor gets a shot in the 2nd half of the year 

Brought Back on the cheap : Koonce 

Just now, Humble_Beast said:

Core: Maxx, Wilkins, Moehrig, Jack Jones - bring both back 

Brought back : Spillane , Hobbs 

Needs: NT , DE, WLB, SS, overall depth  - Pola has a chance , maybe Taylor gets a shot in the 2nd half of the year 

Brought Back on the cheap : Koonce 

Don't think they'll bring Moehrig back. The only three guys I'm even semi confident will be back as starters are Maxx, Wilkins, and Jones. Everything else is up in the air especially with a potential coaching change. Might also be one of the reasons that Telesco wasn't super eager to give these guys extensions.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Don't think they'll bring Moehrig back. The only three guys I'm even semi confident will be back as starters are Maxx, Wilkins, and Jones. Everything else is up in the air especially with a potential coaching change. Might also be one of the reasons that Telesco wasn't super eager to give these guys extensions.

I remember a lot of people on here wanted to give everyone extensions lol. Defense doesn't look as hot when Maxx isn't playing like superman and we aren't facing backup QBs. lol 

2 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I remember a lot of people on here wanted to give everyone extensions lol. Defense doesn't look as hot when Maxx isn't playing like superman and we aren't facing backup QBs. lol 

The defense definitely overachieved to close the season. Our inability to stop the run, create turnovers, and non existent pass rush outside of Maxx are all still huge issues.

Regarding QBs, last years class was miles ahead of this group. As most anticipated, this isn't a great class. None of these guys are clean. They need to sit and be developed, but won't get that luxury.

Bad year to need a QB and worse to be desperate for one. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

Bo Nix went #12. There is definitely a chance. 

Bo Nix was the most efficient passer in college football history last season and was mobile. Beck putting out stinkers on a weekly basis and has zero top tier traits.

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Bo Nix was the most efficient passer in college football history last season and was mobile. Beck putting out stinkers on a weekly basis and has zero top tier traits.

Ok. He’s still a significantly more highly rated prospect, younger, and has the majority of the season left to improve upon his draft stock. I’m a UT fan so trust me I love watching Georgia lose, but acting like Beck is a nothing burger for a prospect is pretty disingenuous. He could easily be top ten if the rest of the season plays out to his advantage.  

• Like 1

Just now, FloydFan said:

Ok. He’s still a significantly more highly rated prospect, younger, and has the majority of the season left to improve upon his draft stock. I’m a UT fan so trust me I love watching Georgia lose, but acting like Beck is a nothing burger for a prospect is pretty disingenuous. He could easily be top ten if the rest of the season plays out to his advantage.  

Average traits, so-so production, and meh film aren't a great combination for an NFL draft prospect. Bo Nix rose up draft boards because he played at an insanely high level during his final year at Oregon. Typically highly drafted QB's play at an insanely high level during their final season and the ones that didn't are the guys with top tier physical traits. Beck has played poorly this year and his traits are the definition of average by NFL standards.

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Average traits, so-so production, and meh film aren't a great combination for an NFL draft prospect. Bo Nix rose up draft boards because he played at an insanely high level during his final year at Oregon. Typically highly drafted QB's play at an insanely high level during their final season and the ones that didn't are the guys with top tier physical traits. Beck has played poorly this year and his traits are the definition of average by NFL standards.

Laughs in Anthony Richardson 

8 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Regarding QBs, last years class was miles ahead of this group. As most anticipated, this isn't a great class. None of these guys are clean. They need to sit and be developed, but won't get that luxury.

Bad year to need a QB and worse to be desperate for one. 

I don't think it's all that bad. 

• Like 1