Early predictions: Who is QB1 come week one?

Who wins the starting QB Job?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the starting QB Job?

AP said Minshew the starting QB. 

Which basically means we're drafting a quarterback as high as possible and may even involve trading high draft picks in the process. 

What say the people?

Edited by Jeremy408

3 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Said it yesterday. Felt like it was weird how they kept him in the game after the 2nd qtr. 

We’ll see how it plays out. 

The only thing I could say there is one thing I think is lost on all of us is that he didn't turn the football over. 

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He has completed 48.5% of his passes through 2 games, lol

Oh, I completely agree I'm not arguing that he's like some crazy, good quarterback or something I'm just simply stating that he didn't turn the football over, and that may have been a deciding factor. Especially if they're going to be this defensive team with all of these weapons on offense. 

On 8/18/2024 at 7:02 PM, big_palooka said:

Caleb Williams has completed only 50% and you can't stop talking about him. 

Caleb Williams is a generational talent and is a rookie that was just the first overall pick. 

Minshew has been below average for half a decade in actual NFL games and looked terrible in the preseason.

If you think their performances are even remotely similar, you don't watch the games. 

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Caleb Williams is a generational talent and is a rookie that was just the first overall pick. 

Minshew has been below average for half a decade in actual NFL games and looked terrible in the preseason.

If you think their performances are even remotely similar, you don't watch the games. 

Didn't say they were. Just find it hilarious you'll clown on Minshew for having a sub 50% completion rate, same time your slurping Williams who outside the flashy plays, struggles to hit the routine throws. 

59 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Didn't say they were. Just find it hilarious you'll clown on Minshew for having a sub 50% completion rate, same time your slurping Williams who outside the flashy plays, struggles to hit the routine throws. 

One of them is a rookie and the other one is a 6th year veteran. Williams also only has 20 attempts, he has had receivers drop 3 passes and Odunze accidentally step out of bounds wide open. Change those 4 plays and his completion % goes up to 70% lol. 

Mishew is out there throwing hospital balls and missing guys wide open. And has a history of meh accuracy across a 5 year sample size.

If you find it funny that someone is excited about Caleb Williams but not excited about Minshew idk what to tell you.

id be down for a friendly wager though, I’ll put up any amount of money that Williams has a better year than Minshew. 

53 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

One of them is a rookie and the other one is a 6th year veteran. Williams also only has 20 attempts, he has had receivers drop 3 passes and Odunze accidentally step out of bounds wide open. Change those 4 plays and his completion % goes up to 70% lol. 

Mishew is out there throwing hospital balls and missing guys wide open. And has a history of meh accuracy across a 5 year sample size.

If you find it funny that someone is excited about Caleb Williams but not excited about Minshew idk what to tell you.

id be down for a friendly wager though, I’ll put up any amount of money that Williams has a better year than Minshew. 

Again, not comparing QBs. Of course Williams will have a better year than Minshew. Simply calling you out for panning his completion percentage in preseason while hyping Williams.

Moving on.....

11 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Again, not comparing QBs. Of course Williams will have a better year than Minshew. Simply calling you out for panning his completion percentage in preseason while hyping Williams.

Moving on.....

Did you think Minshew looked good in the two games he played? 

Caleb made some wow throws and showed why everyone should be excited. 

Minshew was missing throws and throwing hospital balls. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

Did you think Minshew looked good in the two games he played? 

Caleb made some wow throws and showed why everyone should be excited. 

Minshew was missing throws and throwing hospital balls. 

What are you even arguing about? I am not advocating for Minshew being anything more than a journeyman placeholder. 

Williams thus far looks exactly like he did at USC. Wow throws in between glaring misses and wants to leave the pocket to soon. He's not consistent enough right now to carry this team to the playoffs the way people thinks he his.

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

What are you even arguing about? I am not advocating for Minshew being anything more than a journeyman placeholder. 

Williams thus far looks exactly like he did at USC. Wow throws in between glaring misses and wants to leave the pocket to soon. He's not consistent enough right now to carry this team to the playoffs the way people thinks he his.

The Bears will have one of the most explosive offenses in football and will make the playoffs. 

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The Bears will have one of the most explosive offenses in football and will make the playoffs. 

They will finish 3rd in their own division. If they make the playoffs in that spot, it's because the rest of the NFC is trash.