WNBA thread

Malfatron

1 hour ago, Malfatron said:

Same. I watched more wnba playoffs last year than nba playoffs this year.

They are scrappier and its fun

Even moreso with a legit team that i have. And thankfully not coached by doc!

I noticed some scrappiness just like you said. Really fun to watch and looking forward to more games 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well the regular season tips off tonight, looking forward to watching the games. Also made some bets on the WNBA to help keep my interest in the league 

Also if you haven’t seen the Full Court Press Documentary yet, I know you can stream it on Hulu and probably other services. If not, it has been uploaded to YouTube in 15 min sections, you just have to make sure you start at Part 1, move to Part 2 and so on until the end.

Fun look into all three women, their upbringing, and college life. Well done 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, General Tso said:

So I saw Clark had 10 TO..

Yeah majority were her fault. Team doesn't have a feel yet, I am no expert to WNBA but I am guessing they are trying to figure out how to play with her and vice versa 

She turned the ball over more than most people realize at Iowa so turnovers to me aren't a surprise, however 10 is wayyyy too many lol 

I think these first 10-15 games are going to be a roller coaster; I am more interested in how the team plays the final 25-30 games of the season once they have had time to gel. 

Edited by TakeTheBallDeep
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2024 at 9:02 PM, TakeTheBallDeep said:

Yeah majority were her fault. Team doesn't have a feel yet, I am no expert to WNBA but I am guessing they are trying to figure out how to play with her and vice versa 

She turned the ball over more than most people realize at Iowa so turnovers to me aren't a surprise, however 10 is wayyyy too many lol 

I think these first 10-15 games are going to be a roller coaster; I am more interested in how the team plays the final 25-30 games of the season once they have had time to gel. 

They ice her out a ton as well. Like idk what it is. Jealously or hate but it’s mad awkward at times. It’s one of those you gotta prove yourself to us. Yall hard the worse record and are mad trash! Let her cook. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, El Ramster said:

They ice her out a ton as well. Like idk what it is. Jealously or hate but it’s mad awkward at times. It’s one of those you gotta prove yourself to us. Yall hard the worse record and are mad trash! Let her cook. 

Maybe it's media driven, and I don't pay enough attention to the league in general to say otherwise, but this is what's getting to me that Clark is not well liked around the league.

I get feeling envious, but be appreciative.

• Like 1

This **** with a no-name like Chennedy (seriously wtf is that name?) Carter and Angel Reese celebrating a cheap shot on the face of the league is just such a bad look for these petty *** women. Women hating women instead of realizing that y'all would still be on a greyhound bus if not for this person is just next level petty. Then Chennedy doing some "I won't be answering any Caitlin Clark questions" in the postgame like she's someone and then taking it to threads saying "other than 3pt shooting what does she even bring to the game?" Do these people not have awareness? Chennedy...look at your statline and look at hers. She brings a metric **** ton to the game more than your Fifth Element looking *** does. And where the hell are Caitlin's teammates at when **** like this happens? Where is that big ole girl that played the 5 for the Hawkeyes at? The Fever need to get her asap and make her CC's enforcer like the Bulls had Oakley for Jordan.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

This **** with a no-name like Chennedy (seriously wtf is that name?) Carter and Angel Reese celebrating a cheap shot on the face of the league is just such a bad look for these petty *** women. Women hating women instead of realizing that y'all would still be on a greyhound bus if not for this person is just next level petty. Then Chennedy doing some "I won't be answering any Caitlin Clark questions" in the postgame like she's someone and then taking it to threads saying "other than 3pt shooting what does she even bring to the game?" Do these people not have awareness? Chennedy...look at your statline and look at hers. She brings a metric **** ton to the game more than your Fifth Element looking *** does. And where the hell are Caitlin's teammates at when **** like this happens? Where is that big ole girl that played the 5 for the Hawkeyes at? The Fever need to get her asap and make her CC's enforcer like the Bulls had Oakley for Jordan.

I'm wondering if this is all manufactured like the WWE to keep up interest and ratings.

But most likely, the other players just plain don't like this girl. It's insane to me.

2 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I'm wondering if this is all manufactured like the WWE to keep up interest and ratings.

But most likely, the other players just plain don't like this girl. It's insane to me.

Nah, it's pure envy and jealousy. They think that she took what should be theirs despite 90% of them being mid no-draws. I mean, you've got a girl averaging 12/2/2 saying "what does she bring to the game?" ffs. 

• Like 2

On 6/2/2024 at 6:14 PM, seminoles1 said:

I’m the biggest Clark fan there is, and I don’t think its manufactured at all. I mean that in a good way though, like it is tough to watch her struggle and I’m not rooting for that, but some of these WNBA players are feeding into the villain role and like it or not its good for attention and headlines.

I think these first few years will be bumpy and hostile, sorta like when Tiger got all the attention (Tiger obviously accomplished a lot quickly) but you kinda get the point. Lots of PGA players and fans were upset he got all the headlines, only to turn around years later and finally realize they benefited much more financially thanks to him than they would have otherwise.

In 10+ years a lot more of these players who are envy right now will look back with more gratitude and more money in the ole bank account which we all want in life.

Edited by TakeTheBallDeep