Jets 2024 General Talks

JetsandI

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

Just curious..   NFL banned Jets trading Reddick back to Eagles.  Is it a trade itself or Reddick can't return to Eagles?

A player can’t be traded back to the team that traded him until 2 years have elapsed 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JetsandI said:

So Valium doesn't work well for you? lol

I don't think we had valium back then. I call a friend of mine about this Riggens deal and he told me that Riggins would not go back in the last game of the year, when he need only five yards to be the first Jet to gain 1000 yards in one year, the bottom line is Riggens want Nameth money, and just said "I quit"

2 hours ago, doumeyer said:

I don't think we had valium back then. 

Diazepam is the generic name of compound 1, which was originally manufactured by Hoffman-La Roche as Valium. First synthesized in 1959, diazepam entered the market in 1963 and became the top selling pharmaceutical in the United States from 1968 until 1982 with a peak of 2.3 billion tablets sold in 1978.

wiki

7 hours ago, JetsandI said:

If/when the Raiders trade receiver Davante Adams, his next team will need to have one specific issue under control before the deal is done. The team will need to have enough salary cap space to absorb Adams’s contract.

His salary is $16.89 million. It works out to $938,333 per week. If a team trade for him now, the cap charge for his salary will be 14/18ths — $13.13 million. Each week, it will drop by another $938,333.

Adams also has $510,000 in per-game active roster bonuses. With 13 games left, that’s another $390,000 in current cap space.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/davante-adamss-new-team-will-need-to-have-enough-cap-space-for-his-contract

7 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

If/when the Raiders trade receiver Davante Adams, his next team will need to have one specific issue under control before the deal is done. The team will need to have enough salary cap space to absorb Adams’s contract.

His salary is $16.89 million. It works out to $938,333 per week. If a team trade for him now, the cap charge for his salary will be 14/18ths — $13.13 million. Each week, it will drop by another $938,333.

Adams also has $510,000 in per-game active roster bonuses. With 13 games left, that’s another $390,000 in current cap space.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/davante-adamss-new-team-will-need-to-have-enough-cap-space-for-his-contract

Not a concern about 2024 cap but situation beyond that gets complicated.  I like to have extra cap space to cover more players.  Larger the better for my BP. lol

• Like 1

I feel like signing Adams is doubling down on going all in when the team, and more importantly the coaches have no chance at a Super Bowl. It makes sense for Douglas and Saleh though as they are just trying to stay alive and keep their jobs.

5 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

I feel like signing Adams is doubling down on going all in when the team, and more importantly the coaches have no chance at a Super Bowl. It makes sense for Douglas and Saleh though as they are just trying to stay alive and keep their jobs.

This is the closest we are going to be for the next two years. Might as well put all your chips in and if we have to rebuild, find a way to shed contracts and recoup picks in 2025/26.