Week 14 v CLE

Week 15 @ PHI

Week 16 @ BAL

Week 17 Christmas v KC

Week 18 v CIN

Edited by warfelg
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, August4th said:

short week against KC after playing @ Baltimore, because the NFL just has to play on Christmas 

Rumor is the back half of our schedule is brutal. 

Im not a conspiracy guy but I got a friend who is, and he said it feels like the NFL did this intentionally for the story lines. Should Fields take over, if the run game is clicking was not picking up Najee’s option a mistake, is Tomlins never having a losing record in jeopardy, should someone be on the hot seat. 

Like I said, I don’t buy it but man it’s fishy. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Sounds like:

Week 1 @ ATL

Week 2 @ Den

Week 4 @ IND

Week 6 @ LV

Week 7 SNF v NYJ 

Week 8 MNF v NYG

Week 11 @ WAS

Week 12 TNF @ CLE

Week 13 @ CIN

Week 15 @ PHI

Week 16 @ BAL

Week 17 Christmas v KC

If true this is all our away games. 5/7 or 8 games to close the season on the road. To go with 4/6 to open the season on the road.

Not an ideal schedule with a young new OL, new QB, new WRs, new OC. 

I feel like most of Steelers nation is freaking out and I am actually pretty cool with the schedule. 

First two games on the road: ATL with a whole new staff and Cousins in his first action off an achilles + Bo Nix game 2? 2-0

@LV is a third win in the first 6 weeks. 

Bye week would be week 5 (not great) week 9 or 10 (great!) or week 14 (also good based on the home stretch). 

2 home night games, maybe a third with KC?

Thursday night game is a bus ride away. 

Guessing week 14, if not a bye, is a home game so for the 6 weeks between 12 and 17 we will be on a plane for about a totally of 10 hours. That's HUGE at that part of the seasons when your body's are beat to hell and back. 

A week 18 home game with 10 days rest in between? Yup. 

This schedule was always going to be difficult and if we lose the voodoo of backup QBs over the last two years it's going to be incredible hard. But you wanna find out how close/far you are? That stretch right there in December is a good gauge. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Also, catching the Chargers at home in week 3 or 5 would be very nice. Catch them before they really start to figure things out and hit a groove. 

Rumored to be week 3

1 hour ago, Dcash4 said:

I feel like most of Steelers nation is freaking out and I am actually pretty cool with the schedule. 

First two games on the road: ATL with a whole new staff and Cousins in his first action off an achilles + Bo Nix game 2? 2-0

@LV is a third win in the first 6 weeks. 

Bye week would be week 5 (not great) week 9 or 10 (great!) or week 14 (also good based on the home stretch). 

2 home night games, maybe a third with KC?

Thursday night game is a bus ride away. 

Guessing week 14, if not a bye, is a home game so for the 6 weeks between 12 and 17 we will be on a plane for about a totally of 10 hours. That's HUGE at that part of the seasons when your body's are beat to hell and back. 

A week 18 home game with 10 days rest in between? Yup. 

This schedule was always going to be difficult and if we lose the voodoo of backup QBs over the last two years it's going to be incredible hard. But you wanna find out how close/far you are? That stretch right there in December is a good gauge. 

To borrow a Tomlinism, "Irons sharpens iron"

I doubt this is anything more than just the thoughts of a mad man(me), but I think we do better the harder the schedule is. I'd rather be an underdog than a favorite, especially with this team. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

Not having first AFCN game until week #11 is crazy. 

I think it’s good for us- new OC, new QBs, only 1 established WR, maybe 2 new OL, gives them a chance to settle in. We’re probably going to have a slow start to the season and some time to gel will be good.