Teams you think are overrated or underrated at this point

bomont

2 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

The Jets hype is probably the most ridiculous to me. Rodgers hasn't really been Rodgers in a while, he's 40 and coming off a serious injury. Wild.

Weirdly, I think the Bears are either overrated or underrated - I'd be shocked if they won 8-9 games. I think they will either have the best season ever for a number 1 pick QB and win 10+ games, or go 5-12.

I agree the Jets hype feels like alot but at the same time i get it. Their defense is really good. Breece and Wilson are incredible talents and they were competitive in games where Zach Wilson didnt step on a rake

On 5/18/2024 at 2:42 PM, Soko said:

Do the Steelers count? Is anyone out there all that high on them?

I think Pittsburgh misses. Yeah, they’ve got an actual game managing QB and an OC that’s going to run the ball. Moving off of Pickett and going to Russ (or Fields, with his legs) should be a net positive. But I’m pretty lukewarm on Patrick Queen away from Roquan, at least until proven otherwise. Trading Diontae Johnson and replacing him with Van Jefferson isn’t a net positive, I think. Still have questions about their secondary, and have to wonder if Cam Hayward’s finally hit his wall. But mostly?  9-3 in one score games last year (which tend to be volatile and swing back the other way), the hardest schedule this year, and an absolute brutal second half. I know predicting actual bad results (not just below par, I mean bad) from a Mike Tomlin team is basically like predicting the sun won’t rise, but I’m gonna be surprised again if they prove doubters wrong in 2024.

I'm not high on the Steelers but these reasons aren't good.

Diontae Johnson's replacement isn't Van Jefferson. Regardless of how you feel about Roquan, he's an upgrade over the 5 ILBs the Steelers played last year (as is Peyton Wilson)

Strength of schedule on paper to start the year is a meaningless argument.

29 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

I'm not high on the Steelers but these reasons aren't good.

Diontae Johnson's replacement isn't Van Jefferson. Regardless of how you feel about Roquan, he's an upgrade over the 5 ILBs the Steelers played last year (as is Peyton Wilson)

Strength of schedule on paper to start the year is a meaningless argument.

Seems like weird technicalities here. 

Losing Diontae is probably a net negative.

Do you mean Queen? Yeah, he’s probably an upgrade. 

Strength of schedule to end the year, you mean? I don’t really see why SoS is irrelevant in terms of guessing a team’s record.

I think the Dolphins are overrated. Tua can’t play off script, Mostert is getting older, and him and Achane struggle to stay healthy, they have benefited from the Jets being awful and if Rodgers even sniffs being healthy, they could run into some serious issues with them and the Bills.

I think Miami misses the playoffs this year and have no real basis for it except for the feel test.

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I think the Dolphins are overrated. Tua can’t play off script, Mostert is getting older, and him and Achane struggle to stay healthy, they have benefited from the Jets being awful and if Rodgers even sniffs being healthy, they could run into some serious issues with them and the Bills.

I think Miami misses the playoffs this year and have no real basis for it except for the feel test.

Miami is going to get exposed in the trenches this year.

Overrated:

Miami - (o/u 9.5) I would expect them to go under that number.  They've yet to prove they can beat anyone of note during the McDaniels era.  If the Jets end up being a competent team I have a hard time seeing them win 10 games.

Dallas - (o/u 9.5) They've got problems.  They lack depth they've had in previous seasons and they have contract disputes going on with 3 of their most important players.  Offensive line is a mess.  RB situation is a joke.  If they get off to a slow start it could get ugly quick.

Pittsburgh - (o/u 8.5) The streak is impressive, but handing the keys to Wilson or Fields is a risky proposition.  You can hem and haw about how bad Pickett and Rudolph were at QB, but they didn't turn the ball over and allowed the defense to carry. Add Cincinnati likely to be better with Burrow back and this might be the year the streak falls.

Arizona - (o/u 7.5) What has this team shown to be thought of as a 7-8 win team? The roster is still bad.  A healthy Kyler Murray maybe gets you another win...2 at most.  I can't imagine this team winning more than 6 games.

Underrated:

Vegas - (o/u 6.5) Everyone I think wants to write off what this team did at the end of the season, but this is a better team than last year's team.  Minshew is at best the 3rd best QB in the division, but they should be able to sweep Denver and at least get a split with LA.  I feel like this team can grind out 4-5 more wins.

Washington - (o/u 6.5) No question this is a better roster than last year.  The Giants are an absolute mess.  Washington should sweep.  Dallas as mentioned about has problems.  There is definitely a scenario where Washington can finish 2nd in the division and it's not like the NFC is a juggernaut.  8 wins seems reasonable for this team.