Official 2025 DL & EDGE Thread

goldfishwars

19 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Ehh, I personally wouldn’t use huge bust to describe Walker. He’ll probably never live up to his #1 overall hype but he’s still a valuable player to a defense.

He's still like 23/24 and now he has one of the best line coaches being the dc and he teaches/shows him a few things.

Still so full of potential.   In terms of pass rush last year he's on Hutchinson rookie level while somewhat being miscast as a 3-4 olb.

On 9/3/2024 at 1:02 PM, MrOaktown_56 said:

I know it's 2027, but this is some future #1 overall pick kind of stuff as a true freshman.

Well yeah against a SEC OL in Kentucky right now, he is making them at times look like an Old Dominion OL.

Very solid first half by him and looks pretty legit against far more legit competition.  He is helped by two very solid DTs in Hemingway and Sanders who are both NFL players as well.  

He went to "Friendship Collegiate Academy" in DC.  His Birthday is September 14th 2005 so he will be 19 come next week which to me seems odd.  So is that Collegiate Academy a prep school one year removed from high school?  So then he is technically a RS FR this year in some ways and next year could declare for the draft in 2026?  Ryan Williams on Alabama is a freshman as well, he is 17 and enrolled early so 20 is high for a "true freshman".  Granted Ryan Williams is one of the youngest prospects you could ever be in college enrolling early.

Either way Dylan Stewart is a dude.

Edited by Ozzy

43 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Well yeah against a SEC OL in Kentucky right now, he is making them at times look like an Old Dominion OL.

Very solid first half by him and looks pretty legit against far more legit competition.  He is helped by two very solid DTs in Hemingway and Sanders who are both NFL players as well.  

He went to "Friendship Collegiate Academy" in DC.  His Birthday is September 14th 2005 so he will be 20 come next week which to me seems odd.  So is that Collegiate Academy a prep school one year removed from high school?  So then he is technically a RS FR this year in some ways and next year could declare for the draft in 2026?  Ryan Williams on Alabama is a freshman as well, he is 17 and enrolled early so 20 is high for a "true freshman".  Granted Ryan Williams is one of the youngest prospects you could ever be in college enrolling early.

Either way Dylan Stewart is a dude.

19* actually 

8 minutes ago, BroncoSojia said:

19* actually 

My mistake, I will change that, I bumped it up one since his Birthday is coming up.  Odd Vicari Swain who is also on South Carolina and looks like one heck of a CB for a true freshman, his Birthday is September 12th 2004 so he will be 20 up coming.  But I guess he is a RS freshman and did play a very little last year.  

Don't most people graduate high school at 18 but I guess not.  Held back in Kindergarten or preschool I suppose with those September Birthdays.  

But for the NFL draft must be three years removed from high school, curious if that school Stewart went to was a prep school, its name kind of sounds like one but I do not know for sure.  

Edited by Ozzy