Eliminating Dallas Cowboys, who wins the NFC East?

Who do you believe of the 3, will win the NFC East in 2024?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. 2024 NFC East Division Winner

• Philadelphia Eagles
    • Washington Commanders
    • New York Giants

Posted (edited)

The NFC East currently has the longest streak without a consecutive division champion, with no team having repeated since the Philadelphia Eagles won four consecutive titles from 2001 to 2004.

Here we are 20 years later...

If this pattern continues, then the Dallas Cowboys will not repeat as Division winners.

Which means it will be Philly, Wash or N.Y.

So who do you got?

Edited by aceinthehouse

Hmm who was the one person who voted for WAS? I wonder.

Anyways, the fact that Dallas got tangibly worse overall, their vibes are awful and arguably league-worst, and the Eagles either got better or stayed the same overall, I think it's an easy Eagles pick. Along with the most important stat of there not being a repeat NFCE winner in what like 20 years. Giants and Commanders are still years away from being taken as serious division contenders. The fact that I still root for those teams against more serious NFC competition says a lot.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Hmm who was the one person who voted for WAS? I wonder.

Anyways, the fact that Dallas got tangibly worse overall, their vibes are awful and arguably league-worst, and the Eagles either got better or stayed the same overall, I think it's an easy Eagles pick. Along with the most important stat of there not being a repeat NFCE winner in what like 20 years. Giants and Commanders are still years away from being taken as serious division contenders. The fact that I still root for those teams against more serious NFC competition says a lot.

It was me...

I'm cautiously optimistic about our chances, but I believe Washington is being extremely overlooked.

New ownership(Harris, Magic Johnson & crew, New Head Coach(Dan Quinn-Falcons) with a SB appearance & had that Cowboys Defense very good. (Which they will not have again)

New Offensive Coordinator in Cliff Kingsbury with very unique scheme & former head coach.(Arizona)

QB-rookie Jayden Daniels(LSU), #2 overall pick.

Had an excellent draft! Had an excellent Free Agency!

Depending on QB play from our rookie, which we simply just don't know yet?

If he's a superstar, or has a season like C.J Stroud had? (Which I believe Washington is more talented than the Houston Texans)

There's no reason to believe, they can't win the NFC East Division this year 

Edited by aceinthehouse
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Not anymore...get ready for an NFC reboot in power structure, Jeezla.

Yea, I'm sure Jayden Daniels will look way better than rookie Kyler Murray did.
CJ Stroud's rookie performance is the new normal, not an outlier, and Jayden Daniels will be even better, despite having the same throwing power as Gardner Minshew.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Btw, I have Washington going 10-7 this season. If that happens & we win Division?

Then we're looking at a down year for the NFC East.

It may look something like this.....

Washington--(10-7)

Dallas/Philly/Giants no better than 10-7 & lose tiebreaker to Washington, or finish 9-7 or worse no matter their Divisional records. Wildcard possibilities open.

So how in the hell, does Washington get to 10-7…?

This is what I see! 

Need to see them on the field first, but from what I envision with new energy in this team?

10 wins seems doable, imo.

I can see wins vs Tampa & Giants 1st 2 weeks. Both very beatable.

Then, a tough loss @Cinci on Monday Night.

Then, 2 more straight wins vs Arizona & Cleveland. 2 more winnable games.

Then, a loss vs @Baltimore.

Making us 4-2.

Then, another back-to-back win vs Carolina & Chicago. Both at home & winnable.

Catapulting us to 6-2.

Then, a rough November stretch winning only 1 of the next 4 games between Giants, Pittsburgh, Philly & Dallas.

Putting us @ 7-5.

Then, a win vs Tennessee before going into the BYE week. 8-5

Then, we finish winning 2 of the 4 games between Saints, Philly, Atlanta & Dallas.

Giving us a 10-7 finish & a possible WC birth. Or maybe the NFC East has another down year like 2012 & we win Division?

Not impossible, if you eliminate Dallas from Division champ contention right off the bat.

Only competing against Philly & Giants.

Edited by aceinthehouse

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Then, 2 more straight wins vs Arizona & Cleveland. 2 more winnable games.

These will both be losses for Washington.  Cleveland D going to eat Jayden alive. AZ will know how to stop Kliff.

Then, another back-to-back win vs Carolina & Chicago

Chicago smacked you last year and will smack you again. Also not surprised if Jayden misses these 2 games after getting eaten alive by Cleveland and Baltimore's defenses. I'd say there's only a 35% chance Jayden Daniels is actually healthy enough to play against Carolina.

winning 2 of the 4 games between Saints, Philly, Atlanta & Dallas.

You beat the Saints, but lose to Philly, ATL, and DAL.

Basically you should beat the Giants, Saints, and Panthers, but lose every other game by very wide margins.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

In all honesty...

I really see the division looking like this.

Washington=10-7 (Division Winner)

Philly=9-8 (possible WC birth) Huge loss of Kelsey & no more "tush push". Among other changes.

Dallas=8-9 or worse (Defense looks much worse)

Giants=5-11 or worse. (Top 5 draft pick, imo)This team is just not that good. I'm sorry Giants fans.

11 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

In all honesty...

I really see the division looking like this.

Washington=10-7 (Division Winner)

Philly=9-8 (possible WC birth) Huge loss of Kelsey & no more "tush push". Among other changes.

Dallas=8-9 or worse (Defense looks much worse)

Giants=5-11 or worse. (Top 5 draft pick, imo)This team is just not that good. I'm sorry Giants fans.

That's how I see it too, and obviously Washington destroys Philly in the Wildcard, then beats the brakes off Detroit in the divisional round, before easily dismantling SF in the conference championship. Unfortunately, the 14 Commanders selected to the pro bowl will miss that game, as they instead prepare for the Super Bowl, which Washington wins handily for the next 9 years in a row.

• Like 3