2.  Zobrist - LF

3.  Bryant - 3B

4.  Rizzo - 1B

5.  Javy - SS

6.  Meatball - DH

7.  Contreras - C

8.  Heyward - RF

9.  Bote - 2B

I kind of want to throw Zagunis out there, due to him hitting LHPs well, but I don't think Joe is crazy enough to start platooning Heyward in Game 1.  But then again, it wouldn't be the first time I underestimated the craziness of Joe.

15 hours ago, pwny said:

KB is back. Best feeling right now. 

He wasn't hitting any oppo tacos last year after the injury, so that was beautiful.  How quickly people forget that this team won 95 games last year when their best player went .248/.347/.408 from June 22nd until the end of the year due to the shoulder injury.  The Cubs essentially added a 6+ Win player to their 2018 team.

14 hours ago, Blazer026 said:

That was fun. 

Shoulda put Chatwood out there when we were up by 10. 

I'm ok with Joe using a blowout as a quasi-spring training game for Strop and Montgomery, since both missed time and we have the stupid off day today.  It stinks that their stats count, but they just needed the mound time.  

17 minutes ago, pwny said:

That was a special hit for him. 

Coming up, his easy opposite field power was a part that made him so special.  The fact that he hasn't even really been using it yet and has room to improve should absolutely terrify the rest of the NL.

2 hours ago, Blazer026 said:

So with no Happ, Almora should get a lot more AB's right? Heyward is the only other guy who can play CF right?

Fine with me if that's the case. Always thought he should get more AB's

For right now, yeah. They’ve only got Almora, Hayward, Schwarber, and Zagunis as full time outfielders and only the first two have experience at CF.

Worst case scenario, if one was subbed out and the other got hurt, I would assume Javy could play there in a pinch. But yeah, looks like Almora is gonna get some more ABs and Heyward is going to get a good workload as the backup CF.